Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
It's not "big," just a lil longer. But she is an absolute doll! When you aren't showing them, all of their unique characters is what makes them so adorable and cute!!! You have a beautiful little baby!!! :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not "big," just a lil longer. But she is an absolute doll! When you aren't showing them, all of their unique characters is what makes them so adorable and cute!!! You have a beautiful little baby!!! :)
Aww Thank you so much! Im always going to think she is to die for in the cute department but its nice when others agree! Thanks!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How old is she and what does she weigh now? Some members on here can give pretty accurate guesses for most chis!
When i got her at 12 weeks she was 600g (20.1oz)

and at 16weeks/4months she was 750g (25.3)

and last week, at 18weeks/4.5months she was 850 (28.7)

There doesnt seem to be a pattern there?

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
My guess would be around 3.5 lbs as an adult...she seems to be gaining weight pretty slowly, but looks healthy in the pics...my little fella was a bit smaller than your girl at 18 weeks, and at 7 months he is now around 3 lb 9-10 oz depending on the day.

You can follow the chihuahua weight chart here: Chihuahua weight chart generally adding 1 lb for the smaller sizes and 2 lbs for the larger sizes seems to be fairly accurate.

Her 12 week weight would indicate that she would be a 3.6 lb adult (double 12 week weight, add 1 lb)...there really is no "definite" way to tell -- but she will be on the smaller side :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
The 12 week rule didn't work for my Oakley, though, or my Bryco. Bryco is bigger than his 12 week weight would have indicated, and Oakley is more than 1 lb smaller (her 12 week weight said she'd be just over 5 lbs). She was 33 ounces at 12 weeks but now at 16 months she varies between 3 lb 8 oz and 3 lb 12 oz, really just depending on what she's eaten. Between 12 weeks and 20 weeks, she only gained 5 ounces..., and after 6 months, she has gained between 6 and 8 ounces :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks!

Quietly, I don't mind if she stays on the smaller side :D hehe but sometimes it scares me how fragile she is (she tripped on the last stair this morning and I practically dove after her!) She is ok though! haha

Thanks for working all that out and for the link too!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your baby appears to me to be a deer chihuahua. The angle of the head looks to be about 110 degrees, nose is long, legs will be long and I'm not seeing a barrel chest. I love the way she holds her tail.
But, does this really matter? You'll love your baby just as much anyway.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The 12 week rule didn't work for my Oakley, though, or my Bryco. Bryco is bigger than his 12 week weight would have indicated, and Oakley is more than 1 lb smaller (her 12 week weight said she'd be just over 5 lbs). She was 33 ounces at 12 weeks but now at 16 months she varies between 3 lb 8 oz and 3 lb 12 oz, really just depending on what she's eaten. Between 12 weeks and 20 weeks, she only gained 5 ounces..., and after 6 months, she has gained between 6 and 8 ounces :)
hmmmm, should be interesting i guess! her mum was little but her dad was more average size, so i guess she could be a range of sizes!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Your baby appears to me to be a deer chihuahua. The angle of the head looks to be about 110 degrees, nose is long, legs will be long and I'm not seeing a barrel chest. I love the way she holds her tail.
But, does this really matter? You'll love your baby just as much anyway.
You are absolutely right, she could have one eye and no tail and I would still love her as much! I only learnt there was a difference over the weekend when someone asked me what the difference was and I was lost! haha

She does have long legs! They were the first thing I noticed in her growth! But this is good for us as both my house, and my partners have stairs and she is quite speedy on them now!

They look quite long in this pic too hehe, kinda gawky cute haha

Love her so much!

100_0995 by Fiddle Chi and Me!, on Flickr

1 - 20 of 33 Posts