Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,716 Posts
no, rawhide is dangerous. they can choke and some can't process them and it can cause vomitting and diarrhea. i stopped giving my girl greenies too, soem vets say they are safe others say they are not. me, personally don't like that question in the air safe or not? better to be safe than sorry. i had a pit bull choke on rawhide and i had to do the heimlich on him and then cpr. i fell asleep in my chair and then felt him fall against it and it woke me cause the whole chair shook so i looked down and he didn't look right so i got down and i couldn't wake him so i looked in his mouth and seen the end know stuck in his throat. it was pretty scarey especially when he wouldn't breath when i removed it. he came around after a few breaths and chest compressions. i went with the nylabones and kongs after that.
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Top