Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last time I posted, Rocco's ears looked like this:

Now, his ears look like this: (sorry I don't know how to rotate the pictures.)

There were a few days they were both entirely up, but then his right one started to fold backward, and now they're both folded backward at the tip. I know ears can get funky while they teeth, but I wasn't expected them to flop *backward*.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Awe, poor boy...it looks like they are on their way to standing tho so I wouldn't worry :) Sometimes they do go backward first but I bet it threw you for a loop!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Hahahaha...yeah they're ok. Matilda's did that too before they stood. Lasted probably 2 weeks before they straightened up. SO cute.... :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
theyre fine and definitely take pictures bc one day you will get up and hit 'puppy' ears will be gone.. lol My one boy had a good week with one ear folding back and the other folding forward.. was very cute. Larger ears take a bit longer to stand good. My pups are 17 weeks and 2 are up and Fens ears still are not completely erect.

What Ive noticed is that my boy and the two pups with his ears the ears popped up very quickly. My girl and Fen have good upright ears but they took much longer to pop up. On the other hand Ginger can control her ears more. She can have them up, down, one up and one down etc at her will. The others always stay erect even though they of course change ear position so Rocco will probably have very expressive ears. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much for all the input! I was worried that since his ears are quite big, that they only made it so far standing before they...gave up haha.

And yes, I was definitely surprised! I was worried that his ear cartilage was messed up because he caught ear mites when he was around 8 weeks old and so he was constantly scratching at them! Glad to hear he is normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.