Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mason is about 6 months old now and for the past week seems to be teething a lot! He looks like he's constantly chewing something when he's not but won't chew any of his hard toys.
I bought some Webbox puppy chews a while ago, they look like small raw hide treats. Would he be ok to chew these if I supervised him and then threw them away once he's chewed one, as I've read on here they can carry bacteria or something?
I did take a pic of the chews but I'm on my iPhone and can't work out how to upload pics in here??
I want to try bully sticks but they are so expensive!
Also, is he allowed pigs ears?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
You can ask the company to send you a sample of the bully sticks to see if he likes them first. I can't help you, because I can't get my chi to chew anything (which I guess this is a good thing).

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
The webbox chews are just rawhide with flavouring - My two have them all the time, Pip finishes them up the same day.

I personally have never fed mine Bully Sticks (yet) but they love Pigs Ears - I cut them up into strips for the puppy and let her chew them, she loves them - Its purely to make them last longer though as my older dog or the cats steal them otherwise!

If he's teething though, it might be an idea to wet a flannel and freeze it - it'll help with his teeth! (it was one of the best pieces of advice I was given while Maisie was teething!!)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Sorry, I just realized you are in the UK. I'm not sure the best bully site ships there. You could give it a try and see..

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I wouldn't use rawhide they can't be digested can cause a blockage and ultimately kill your dog pigs ears are v fattening and can give your dog a bad stomach

Bully sticks can be found in independant pet shops and online but they smell over here mutley and mog I think r the least stinky if u look on zooplus they do loads of natural treats which won't harm your dog

1 - 9 of 9 Posts