Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya people,

I am so so so sick of people giving me AND Minka filthy looks and making rude comments when I take her for walks!!

Don’t get me wrong, most of the people who walk by stop and say hello or smile at her, But some people are so rude! They look at her in a pitying way and then shake their heads at me!
And the comments!
“Does she think she’s Paris Hilton or something?”
“How is THAT going to protect you??”
“That poor dog…”

I mean come on!!

I don’t “Dress” Minka for fun, if it is cold she has to wear a coat or jumper (as you all know), her harness has angel wings on it, So what?!?

And these people seem consider themselves dog lovers! If they knew anything about dogs they would know how cold chi’s get and that she is not an accessory just because she is small!

If I had a yorkie or was older they wouldn’t think that.

It makes me so angry cause I love her so much and I would never buy any animal as an accessory!

I can bet that those people don’t do half as much campaigning for animal rights as I do! I’m a vegetarian! I would never dream of hurting an animal!
And what makes me really angry is the people WITHOUT dogs who do it!

Does this just happen to me? Do I just have a lot of ignorant people living in my area??

Sorry for that rant, it just makes me so cross that I cant take my dog out for a walk without people trying to make me feel bad about myself.

I tell you what, i am so thankful to have this website, Its lovely to know that there are nice people who will listen to you rant just a click away!
and not only listen but understand as well!

Love and hugs
:angel1:
Sydney And Minka xXx

·
Registered
481 Posts
i know exactly how you feel!(and i think i am a similar age to you,im 15?)
anywho alot of people love coco and smile at him or stroke him but some people... arrgh!
coco also has a pink harness with wings and ive heard people say'oh dear...'in a pittying but agetated voice and im like 'why oh dear?!!!'
and people have asked me if he is a 'dead rat'? and he has been called ugly.
and yes coco wears clothes but so? ??when i am walking with him bevause i am blonde and i guess i do look like the sort of person who wants to have the latest fashion accesory people assume thats what coco is!i get sooo annoyed!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
hay , don't let it bother you ,i'm sure all these people are just ' jealous ' of our wonderful chis ;) :) :)

You know your dogs are so happy and so wonderfully loved and looked after , you are better then these silly people .. just smile and walk away :) often these kind of people just want a reaction and if they don't get one you are the stronger person :D

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
carmella: Yeah im 16, Its horrid! i really hate it...Im not blonde, but minka is lol. on a lighter note,we have the same harness!

Fizzy daves mummy: Its all i can do not to turn around and shout at them lol!

Love and hugs
:angel1:
Sydney and Minka xXx

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
You're not the only one who gets this.
I get it too and like Carmella Chihuahua, I'm blonde and I do like to dress girly when I'm out and about, but because my dog is a Chihuahua I get dirty looks mostly from girls, and rude comments like "that's not a DOG its a RAT" from boys.

I hate it, my dog means the world to me, I love her so much and i'd kill anyone who tried to hurt her.

I bet if it was a Staffordshire Pitbull Terrier, they wouldn't even look at me!

:roll:

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
lol girls im 16 and i no this is coming my way soon... im studying fashion at college... love designers... my clothes.. my image... and am very image concious but like I said IM... meaning me... everything about fashiona dn accesories is what I do to myself.. not anyone else. Ive waited for my chi pup for 2 years... had everyone already say stef just wants a rat dog... and why dont you get a staff... they look great and everyone likes staffs.. Well Ive had staffs all my life.. I dont care what others think lol cause its my rat dog... stereotype me if you like.. your wrong.. I may not be a vegeterian but am against animal testing.. and beleive me when you meet a person.. YOU NO IF THEY HAVE A GENUINE LOVE FOR DOGS... who siad you cant love fashion and dogs? Just as long as you keep the 2 seperate and understand.. dogs do not go with fashion... and fashion does not go with dogs!
xxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
well i just chose to ignore it! i hate the comments but i could really fly off the handle then sound like an imature kid so i just chose to purse my lips and walk on.
i walked down the street with deano and as deano insists on doing he likes to pee on everything! I was in a real hurry to meet my friend and so i picked deano up to scurry down the road and whilst i did this a girl and her boyfriend walked past and say "does she fink were guna nik it! its ugly n e way the lil rat!" and i just thought i'm in a hurry deano is messing round! Then she made a comment about me wanting to be paris hilton and i just thought with much respect to paris hilton she has brought the lime light on teeny dogs but im sure she loves her little pooch! It is spoiled and cared for so i dont really see what wrong she is doing but i can understand young teens possibly think this is a fashion statement and get a "one" and neglect it afterwards.

people drive me mad sometimes! :roll:

·
Registered
251 Posts
i know what you mean...sometime ago my parents' neighbour called Richie "little rat", that was very unpleasant, but he doesn't like animals in general. (I think he doesn't like people either). I think people who just insult anybody without a reason (dogs or other people) are just primitive and frustrated with their life.

Richie's mom

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
oh i hate the rat comments :evil: :x

one guy at my hubby's job (high rank) sat there said he loved dogs yet did a pretend growl at Kemo!!! Kemo was all upset. He is a idiot!!!!!! he would not stop so I had to leave, talk about tongue biting :shock:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Well girls, I put bandanas on Gadget and people tell me that he is a fufu dog... I just look at them adn say.. If he was a big dog witha bandana you wouldn't htink he was a fufu dog...

I actually got a complement yesterday about his bandanas... this lady thought they were cute and he was darling in them..

I told her thank you that I make them and she asked me how I did it and too it off him and showed her.. she said I wish I had some for my poodle..

For as many bad comments I get I get far more complements..

My dog id my dog and I will do with him as I wish.. No I woudl never hurt him.. but yes I will dress him in the winter and put bandanas on him in the summer.. the really great part is that my dog is well loved and cared for And I know that these people are just jealous of Gadgets and my relationship.. because the people who say these things are people that I know...

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
KB mamma said:
oh i hate the rat comments :evil: :x

one guy at my hubby's job (high rank) sat there said he loved dogs yet did a pretend growl at Kemo!!! Kemo was all upset. He is a idiot!!!!!! he would not stop so I had to leave, talk about tongue biting :shock:
It's a pity Kemo didn't bite that guy's tongue. :x I think that people who have nothing better to do than say stupid or mean things about other people or animals probably don't feel good about themselves either.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
People that make silly comments about Chihuahuas only pay attention to the stereotypes and what they see on TV. Granted, I have seen many Chis that fit the stereotype of an "ankle-biter" and "yippy" but no one ever hears about the Chihuahuas like Cooper who are friendly, and the antithesis of all assumptions made by people that don't know the breed.

What I find REALLY odd about people and Chihuahuas is that for some reason, people don't mind coming up to you and your dog and saying things like "oh, look at the little rat" ... you don't see people doing that to someone with a poodle or a yorkie.

We all favor one or two breeds over the others and there are plenty of breeds I just don't like but I'm not going to walk up to someone with a dog and say "Geez, your dog sucks."

I did have one guy ask me why I got a rat for a pet once. He had "that" look on his face like he'd just made the funniest joke in the whole world. Before I could stop myself, I stomped on his foot REALLY hard and said "I don't know ... why do you have rat-poop for a brain?"

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Nona said:
You're not the only one who gets this.
I get it too and like Carmella Chihuahua, I'm blonde and I do like to dress girly when I'm out and about, but because my dog is a Chihuahua I get dirty looks mostly from girls, and rude comments like "that's not a DOG its a RAT" from boys.

I hate it, my dog means the world to me, I love her so much and i'd kill anyone who tried to hurt her.

I bet if it was a Staffordshire Pitbull Terrier, they wouldn't even look at me!

:roll:
oh trust me, if you ahd a pit bull youd' get ridiculous comments here and there too. i had a pit and i was told all sorts of things when i walked him. it does happen with all sorts of reeds, not just chi's. when i had my one shih tzu mix at the vets someone said "oh ugly lil thing isn't he" and i said he might be ugly but he's got more manners than you. but then he growled at her and i ate my words lol.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Im 25 years old.
i have been wanting a dog for as long as i have been living on my own.
(about 7 years)
and... im about the age of most of the celebrities you guys are refering to that have dogs as accessories. i have only had Mia for a little while, but i love her more than anything.
(my boyfriend would say sometimes more than him)
when i told people i was getting a chihuahua i got the comments too like....
so you can be like paris hilton? why dont you get a real dog? why do you want a yippy dog? why do you want a dog that shakes all the time?
but when i got her and they all saw how cute she was....
they couldnt help but love her too.
and now.... all i have gotten are positive comments like....
your dog is so adorable and what a cute little baby. all the good stuff.
some people just have to pick on others to make themselves feel better.
dont let it get to you.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I remember when I first got Poppy, I got really mad at idiotic people who think that its funny/acceptable/clever to make nasty comments, I got the "rat" one alot. it really upset me because I am sure it only happens with Chi's, they get such a bad rap. :evil:
In my building, the neighbours all laugh at Poppy...yet they all run like mad if I let her off her lead, I just LOVE to watch grown men running in terror from the big scary Chi!! Serves them right!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
481 Posts
i know we shouldnt let it bother us but it just makes me so mad!!!
Like nona and steph just because we like fashion and girly clothes people assume we want to be paris hilton!And some people are so rude too,these two teenage girls a few yrs older than me said 'eurgh,its f****** ugly!' and then snigered,coco isnt in the slightest ugly so why do they have to be so mean?!
i know alot of pople on this forum may not like paris hilton but i agree with faye.When i worked at the rspca two girls in their twenties where flicking through a magazine and there was a picture of paris and bambi in her bag and they said'awwww the poor little thing,its got legs let the poor thing walk,its just a fahion accerosory'and when the other girl asked who it was and heard the reply paris hilton she let out a 'eugh'.But tinkerbell and bambi are probally spoilt rotton and looked after extremely well,and in the picture bambi only looked about 8 weeks old so i doubt it woulld have had its injections anyway.I think paris may use tinkerbell and bambi a little for fashion accesorys but im sure she loves them very much.

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
i honestly get it all the time especially as i have 5 tiny dogs 3 being chihuahuas iv had all the comments the worst was behind my back and i went to halfords with my b/f to see his friend who works there and jacob was out with us so i carried him in and there was these two girls and yeah there is a rift there always has been but apparently as soon as i was gone she was saying how im stuck up and think im a celeb coz i model and have a chihuahua ha ha it makes me laugh i havent seen her since but cant wait til i do oh dont even get me started ha lol
its one thing that really bugs me but you learn to deal with it if people are really that sad jus laugh at them !
and one thing i definatly dont think im a celeb i wish ha lol!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I get comments like this:

"Is that a chihuahua"?

"What is that thing?"

"Oh he is cute, he doesn't look like such a rat since he is fuzzy" :evil:

"I like him more than the other chihuahuas, they look like rats with no hair"

I could go on and on :roll:

I just keep him on the ground so he growls at them :D ... (he only growls when he is on the ground, in my arms he is friendly) People can be such buttheads...

They do it also when I have my poodle...their like "Oh is he a poodle?" with a weird look on their face.....Welll duhhhhhh

1 - 20 of 26 Posts