Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I told you the shipping from Wag.com: Best Supplies For Dogs, Cats, Beloved Pets - Free Shipping was fast! If anyone is interested in ordering from there, I mentioned a few promo codes on my other post, but you can also get 10% off your first order by using my referral code: RMS39794. Don't feel obligated! But, I believe if you have so many referrals, they donate to charity! ANYWAYS... on to the pictures!

(P.S. Don't make fun of what I call my "grandpa" car! LOL. The burgundy interior is atrocious, I know)

It truly is huge! Bigger than I even thought.

View from other side of the car.

What it looks like from the driver's seat! :)

I just added a blanket to it to make Roxy love it even more!

Close up of how the strap attaches to the seat belt. (This should be rotated, but you get the picture!). You can see how it just wraps around and hooks. Then, you use the metal end and hook it to the harness. The way the strap works allows for your dog to move around in the bed some, as the strap just slides along the seat belt. The "directions" said you can safety pin the strap to the seat belt to keep it stationary right in the middle of the bed, but I like that the dog is able to move around some if they wish.

Here she is, trying it out! :D

Close up of hooked harness.

View from the passenger's seat. :) The strap is adjustable, so you can make it longer or shorter. I have it set at a good length so she can move around enough, but can definitely not jump out. This is as far as she can go forward.

This is as far back as she can go. I like that it is a tall enough seat that she is able to see out the windows too! I don't feel as though the parkavenue harness is the best kind of harness for the way that the strap works. You can see how twisted the harness is. I think a better fit would be a puppia harness, or one similar that can't slide. I'd like to hear opinions on this from those of you that have a snoozer...

I have not decided if I'm keeping it in the back or front seat yet. I put it in the back for now, as I figure when people get into my car, I will have to move it. It also seems HUGE in the front seat. LOL. I also feel a little safer with it in the back. But, I like to have her in the front with me so I can see what she's doing. Opinions on this as well?

Those of you that have one or any seat like this, do you usually keep it in your car? Or do you take it out when youre not using it?

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
lmao lovely! i love my snoozer lookout as well. and yes it is huge even in my big car. hahahaha the interior color is like mine...mines a ugly light color that doesnt match the car at all...dad picked it out of course :lol: but i love how shes looking twds the back hehehe. i keep mine in the back right passenger seat because i keep picturin him flyin out and gettin hit by glass if i get into an accident one day

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
You'll want it in the back seat. For the same reason infant car seats are not in the front seat. Airbag deployment could be deadly.

You are right about the harness. You'll also want to get a chest style harness like Puppia or ipuppyone. The Park Avenue are best for walks but the strap that goes around the neck could be a real issue should you brake quickly or be in an accident.

Congrats on getting this. She will be so much safer riding in the car!

·
Registered
894 Posts
So cute! Yes, what Karen said.. you want it in the back for the same reason you want kids in the back. It's safer and if the air bag deploys, or if something goes through the windshield they are protected. Also, a Puppia or ipuppyone harness would be much better cuz if you get in a crash you don't want the straps to dig in her body. A vest harness put all the pressure on her chest, the strongest part of her body.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
I love it! It's a beautiful and ever so useful seat. Roxy looks adorable. :love2:
If I had a car I would definitely have one of these, or two!

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Roxy looks happy!I love my Snoozer Lookout seat, even though I get made fun of for having it. I try to keep it in the back seat, but when I go on long car
rides I have to put it in front because Penny tries to escape, and I don't want to be reaching into the back while going down the freeway. Oh, and I drive a grandma car too- a Buick!

I keep it in the trunk when I am not using it. I have the medium size seat, but my trunk is huge so it fits.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Girls...a "grandma" car is better than the car I got...which is no car at all. ;)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i keep mine in the back right passenger seat because i keep picturin him flyin out and gettin hit by glass if i get into an accident one day
Such a good point! Does Dex like riding in it?

You'll want it in the back seat. For the same reason infant car seats are not in the front seat. Airbag deployment could be deadly.
I never even thought about the airbag deploying! You are so right. What size harnesses/kind do you have for your girls?

So cute! Yes, what Karen said.. you want it in the back for the same reason you want kids in the back. It's safer and if the air bag deploys, or if something goes through the windshield they are protected.
Ah, thank you so much for reminding me of the airbag. I can't believe I didn't even think of that!

I love it! It's a beautiful and ever so useful seat. Roxy looks adorable. :love2:
If I had a car I would definitely have one of these, or two!
Thanks!! :) I think she loves it. We have not taken a ride in it yet though!

Roxy looks happy!I love my Snoozer Lookout seat, even though I get made fun of for having it. I try to keep it in the back seat, but when I go on long car
rides I have to put it in front because Penny tries to escape, and I don't want to be reaching into the back while going down the freeway. Oh, and I drive a grandma car too- a Buick!

I keep it in the trunk when I am not using it. I have the medium size seat, but my trunk is huge so it fits.
I KNOW that I'm definitely going to get made fun of for having it. My own mother already called me crazy and said "well now I've seen everything!!" LOL! I am glad I won't be alone! ;)

YES! A BUICK! That is exactly what you see in the pictures! Le Sabre, that is! LOL. Too funny. Do you have ugly interior too? :) HAHA.

Girls...a "grandma" car is better than the car I got...which is no car at all. ;)
This is so true. It runs great, and I always say that a grandma car is better than no car at all! It gets me to where I need to go safely! I do feel truly safe in it too because it's literally like a huge boat! LOL.

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
I have a pink one for Lady. She loves it. I have a "mid-life" crisis BMW Z4 roadster right now. It is a two seater so the back seat is not an option. Hadn't thought about the airbag issue :( I would hate to not take Lady along on adventures though. I got the small size and I was also surprised how big it is. I only put it in the car when using it. Lady dances around and knows she is "going out" as soon as take it out of the closet! I've also notice people pointing and waving to her at stop lights. Her little head looking out the window is adorable.

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Just drove in, the airbag deployment is not an issue. I think it is this way inmost cars now, the airbag stays off unless a weight limit is met which is 40 lbs I think. There is an "air bag" off light in most cars. So when Lady rides in the front, the airbag is off"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.