Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting rather fed up with Prada's breeder. I had a thread a few months back regarding a registered name change for Prada, as the breeder goofed up.

Well, I just called to inquire about it and they said all the updated paperwork was mailed out. If not to me, then to my breeder. This was back on August 18th!!

This means that her breeder hasn't mailed me her updated certificate. Why does she insist on playing all these silly games with me!??!

I am reluctant to email her, because I know she's just going to lose it on me - AGAIN - and go on about how she's oh so stressed with life, and doesn't have time for all this. Blah blah blah....

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
do you have Prada with you? I think you should email her and say its been a month already and explain that you have problems and stress too and this is causing more stress for you x

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, she's here with me! Thank gosh!

I don't want to air anyone's dirty laundry, but when all this happened, it was because I recieved her certificate with a name I had never heard of. Turns out the breeder didn't get my email with regards to a chosen registered name - so she went ahead and named her, herself!!

So when I politely asked if I could change her name - she lost it on me, going on about all this stuff in her life, and she just doesn't have time for this, she can't understand why I'm making a big deal out of it because I'm not showing her, so it shouldn't matter, blah blah..

We are no longer on speaking terms, so this makes me cringe having to email her just to find out what the heck is going on.

·
Registered
544 Posts
It's unfortunate that you're going through this. I guess Canada does things differently. With AKC, you would have had to have something signed by the breeder to change the name, but the owner/address info doesn't change and the new form would have been mailed directly to you as the registered owner. Did she register her to herself, as the breeder, first and then you have to pay again to transfer the registration to yourself? Doesn't make sense that they would have mailed to registration to her if you're listed as the owner. Hmmm.....

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree!! I have been her registered owner since the papers were sent in to CKC, they have all my information on file - I'm even a CKC member!!

She did have to sign the letter about the name change, which I had to write out and mail to her along with an adressed/posted letter to mail it back to me, so as not to interfere with her already stressful life. The money order for the fee was even under my name.

I am so livid right now, as I really don't want to get into it again with her, but I doubt this time I'll be able to remain mature about it if she says anything.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
How frustrating. My sister has a standard poodle that she's showing, she co-owns with the breeder until she's finished & 1 litter with a puppy back, my sister has contacted the breeder multiple times with questions and such and hasn't heard one word back in almost 2 years...very frustrating.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
i would write to her and register it because she has to sign for it, she is holding what is rightfully yours
this happened us a number of years ago, not the change of name just not sending the papers on, you learn,lol, now i would not leave the breeder without the papers. anyway we threatened to report this guy to the IKC, and told him anytime he advertised we would write a nasty ad back at him, guess what had our papers in a few days

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow!! I would have knocked on her door by then!! Which is what I even offered to do, go to my breeders house, all the way up north. But she insisted she didn't want us there, because, again, she's too busy for me!

I've wanted to tell her multiple times that if she cant keep an air of professionalism and make time her puppy buyers, no matter the life circumstances, that maybe she should hang up her guns and stop breeding if she can't handle all the curve balls that come with it!

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
This means that her breeder hasn't mailed me her updated certificate. Why does she insist on playing all these silly games with me!??!

I am reluctant to email her, because I know she's just going to lose it on me - AGAIN - and go on about how she's oh so stressed with life, and doesn't have time for all this. Blah blah blah....
Uck, sorry you are dealing with this, she seems really really unreasonable. I recall when I contacted her about available puppies she was very curt and didn't even answer back an e-mail I sent her, she clearly should not be dealing with people.

Yes, she's here with me! Thank gosh!

I don't want to air anyone's dirty laundry, but when all this happened, it was because I recieved her certificate with a name I had never heard of. Turns out the breeder didn't get my email with regards to a chosen registered name - so she went ahead and named her, herself!!

So when I politely asked if I could change her name - she lost it on me, going on about all this stuff in her life, and she just doesn't have time for this, she can't understand why I'm making a big deal out of it because I'm not showing her, so it shouldn't matter, blah blah..

We are no longer on speaking terms, so this makes me cringe having to email her just to find out what the heck is going on.
She needs to have time for this, she chose to breed dogs it is HER responsibility to do her job!! you should NOT have to chase her. It really sucks you are dealing with this, I learned the hard way myself recently that you should never have to chase the breeder for anything! you have a right to have the dog named what you wanted, you bought the dog you paid for it! regardless if you are showing the dog or not, it is your right! her personal drama should have no place in any of this.

I've wanted to tell her multiple times that if she cant keep an air of professionalism and make time her puppy buyers, no matter the life circumstances, that maybe she should hang up her guns and stop breeding if she can't handle all the curve balls that come with it!
Isn't that so true! :lol: I've seen both sides of the fence now and let me tell you.. :foxes15:

I hope you get her papers and name sorted out soon! maybe you can send the breeder a registered letter demanding the documents with the name change? if she fails to comply perhaps you could deal with her civilly? Just some thoughts.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks so much, darling!! I have emailed her, and if she gets lippy with me, I don't think I'm going to hold back this time. She can't legally keep the papers, so I wont be afraid to let it all come out. I'll try to be as mature as possible, but this none sense has gone on too long for me to bite my tongue.

I am sorry I ever recommended this horrible person to you, and everyone else on the streets who have asked about her breeder.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I am sorry I ever recommended this horrible person to you, and everyone else on the streets who have asked about her breeder.
No worries :lol: sometimes you have to wade through a few **** situations to get to the good one :daisy:

·
Registered
323 Posts
I think if you have copy and are her registered owner you are the ones that should have named her not the breeder. I never named the dogs UNLES i was going to keep them. At that point the names cant be changed on the AKC papers. BUT if you bought a puppy from me i only ask that the kennel name to be used. I sign and fill out the new owners info and give them along with the dogs. I have never filled out the AKC papers after someone has bought the dog from me.

I truly hope this lady comes around and give you her CKC papers. I woudl be contacting CKC and if you have proof of anything I woudl make copy and mail them to CKC..in hope that will prove you are the owner of this dog way before these paper would done..

GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
544 Posts
What was CKC's reason for sending the corrected papers to the breeder if you are the registered owner? I'd be back on the phone with them and advise them that as the registered owner, who paid for the name change along with everything else, it should have been mailed to you. Since it was their error, they should send you a duplicate at no charge. Worth a shot. It would work with the AKC.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks so much Lisa!!! That is a much better way of going about things. I'll call them right now!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Grrr!! I just called and apparently they mailed it to the breeder, because all they did was credit my account with the money order, and billed the breeder instead!!! They told me to email her about her, and I'm sitting here like, hello!! She's going to want to be paid back for that, so where do we go from here!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, I'm in their system as her owner as I am also a member of CKC, myself.

·
Registered
323 Posts
them call them and talk to them and be like look i mail in these papers with MY money order and with my new address where to sent it and I own this dogs i just wanted to change her name. how the heck did you guys mess up and mail it to the breeder? its CKC problem now that they messed it up and sent it to the wrong address they need to re send it to you...and have them send a letter to the breeder stating they messed up and sent it to the wrong address and that she needs to shedd it or mail it to YOu...but I would call CKC and deman this

·
Registered
912 Posts
Oh, geez. What a big mess. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this now. I hope everything gets situated correctly soon. You're totally in the right, though, and really shouldn't have to put up with any lip from Prada's breeder, as dealing with problems like this are her responsibility as a breeder IMO...
Good Luck to you! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts