Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'Breakthrough' supplement relieves arthritis in DOGS: Formula increases strength in eight weeks - and it could work on humans
Researchers developed two plant-based formulas for the arthritis trial
The first formula, composed of curcumin, devil's claw, willow bark, pineapple bromelaine, and camomile, was developed to treat inflammation
The second included the same ingredients, plus dietary supplements
During tests, half of the dogs received the formulas over eight weeks
The other half, acting as the control, received a placebo for eight weeks
On average, the strength of the paws in the formula group increased
As did daily activity - up from six hours to eight over the treatment course

A plant-based arthritis treatment, that is said to have no side effects, has completed its first successful tests on dogs in France (trial pictured)

A natural arthritis treatment that is said to have no side effects, has completed its first successful tests on dogs.

Researchers from France developed two formulas made from a mixture of plants and dietary supplements to relieve arthritis pain in canines.

Over the course of eight weeks, the strength in the dogs' paws increased by 2.2lbs (1kg), on average, and their daily activity went from six hours up to eight.

The next step is to test the formulas on humans to see if the treatment is as effective.

'While acupuncture and electrical stimulation are two approaches that have been shown to have positive effects on dogs, until now few studies have investigated a plant-based approach to therapy,' said researcher Éric Troncy, senior author of the study and professor at the University of Montreal.

His findings were published in Research in Veterinary Science.

Professor Troncy and his team worked with 32 dogs that had been diagnosed with arthritis by X-ray and orthopaedic exam, and which all weighed more than three stone (20kg).

By drawing on previous studies, carried out on rats, Professor Troncy developed two formulas for his trial.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
That's so great ! What is it called? Or is it not for sale jet?

I use Happy tails Joint resolution on Baby, and it's fantastic..it also contains Dewil's claw root as you mention..and collagen too..it's really some powerful drops that I reccomend everyone to give their kids <3

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think it's for sale yet,it's a trial they did.But sounds good ,i would get some when it comes on the market.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts