Chihuahua People Forum banner

as of right now, thanks, but no thanks!

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  LittleHead 
#1 ·
My family is harassing about me mating Britney with someone! :x My aunt has said about 10 times already that she's "never gonna get to experience motherhood." and at our yard sale we had on saturday, my sister-in-law's step-mother said that my dog would have beautiful babies.

I understand that...but I already went through an experience of breeding a female chihuahua....and I ended up losing her and her babies all in the same day.

#7 ·
I dont blame you for your bad experience. I dont know if i could deal with the loss of all. Lady had 1 pup and she lost it first litter pup was too large. That was enough to scare me. She is petite and even under vets care this happened they say it is common being first litter and the male being larger you can tell I was uneducated. Now, I have more knowledge and still I am petrified. I dont know what i would have done had anything happened to Lady. I was fortunate they didnt do a c-section managed to get the pup out lost the pup and had a huge vet bill. So again, ALL you people planning on breeding think twice even 3x. Chis are prone to C-sections. c-sections are not inexpensive, You can lose your female to infections caused by the c-section. So pups versus vet bills, loss of pups or your female what would you consider the best option?

#10 ·
I had that same thing happen to me with my bf and his friends. I was thinking about it until I talked to the vet and (of course) got some advice from the wonderful people here :). Lina is just too small and even though the male that my bf wanted to use was also small...I couldn't risk losing my baby girl just so she could "experience motherhood". That's not a good enough reason to breed if you ask me. Plus, if something would have happened to her, I would have never forgiven myself...EVER.

I think you're right not to want to go through that again. I'd go get her spayed so that it wouldn't be an option anymore. You know what I mean? Just so people will stop suggesting it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.