Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone this is Asti aged 12 weeks, she was sold to us as a chihuahua, but my vet is not convinced she is a full chi she has a five generation pedigree, her father being CH Toodulpips dark warrior to madrako and her mother is perimeade airburne, i would be intrested to know if anybody has heard of the perimeade line, only i am begining to think my vet is right and i have a fake pedigree as well as a cross chi

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Mmm looks like she could have Jack Russell in her,either way she is adorable ,maybe somebody will know of the parentage that you mentioned

·
Registered
469 Posts
She is lovely. And I'm no expert but looks jack russel x to me too. But with not knowing her parents she might look like there line. I'm sure someone will have heard of them on here and be able to help you. Either way she's way to cute x

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
How cute!! She looks like a mini beagle! hehe Saying that she does look like she is a mix. Something about the muzzle definitely looks off...even though some Chi's come in all shapes & sizes. When Chi's have longer muzzle usually they don't get them until a bit older & hers looks quite long to me? Who did you get her from? Did you see the parents?

It's really ironic because I did a search on her dad in google & this thread popped up. VERY weird...
http://www.chihuahua-people.com/chi-chat/30393-if-someone-has-supplied-false-pedigree-info-2.html

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Chis do come in all shapes and sizes. Smoke is pure chi and he had the longer nose from puppyhood. Here he is when I got him at 9 weeks:

Yours looks like it may have more a deer shaped head than an apple shaped one. But she is very cute.

·
Banned
177 Posts
She's also a smooth coat, her 'parents' are long coats (well dad is) and we can't mix coats and it would be highly unlikely the owner of her dad would mix coats. And he is also 14 years old I believe, very unlikely he would still be sireing litters. I'd complain

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Oh I dunno if I'd say she is a beagle cross but she looks like a little beagle. :lol:

After doing a little research...I see that you bought her w/o KC papers. Being as this same sire was used in a VERY similar (identicle even!) incident a couple years ago where someone thought his pedigree was fake...I am guessing these people are selling puppies with fake printed out pedigrees w/o papers. It would be incredibly easy to do...very wrong...but easy!

You could go to the breeder & take her back perhaps but if you're in love...take it as a learning experience & move on. She will not look like her daddy grown at all I can't imagine. She may or may not be full Chi. But I am sure she is still a sweet and CUTE puppy that if raised right will be a wonderful pet!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I would say you have to watch her growth to know for sure. As well contact the KC they should know if they are having kennels in good standing selling false KC pups.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I see JR did you see any JR in the house? You could have an oops breeding. Also can you send the website for the kennel name we need to see the sire and the bitch. I attached some 8 week old JR pups. I do see similarities in the face but she is build slight like a chi.
View attachment 6309

View attachment 6310

View attachment 6311

1 - 16 of 16 Posts