Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Something that has really worked for me, and is recommended by trainers, to stop the puppy biting is to "yelp" when they do it. It isn't really a hard thing to do because it usually hurts anyway. When she bites let out a really loud high pitched yelp. It will startle her and also let her know in her language that it hurts because she is trying to play not hurt you. My trainer friend yelped once when Charlie bit him (so loud it startled me), he also crossed his arms and looked away. Charlie didn't bite him again for the rest of the night (which was amazing for Charlie at that age). I used it too, and within a week he had almost completely quit biting people (my roommates also did it so we were consistant). There are so many things that are going to be "NO" in their lives, this is a way to tell them clearly that what they're doing isn't ok without using "NO".
Good Luck! :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Also, one of the books I read said if you pull you hand away without the yelp they may think it's a game and keep going after it. It sounds like this is happening with your little one.

All of her behaviors sound like normal puppy stuff so I'm sure everything will work out great...enjoy it, adolesence is a whole new challenge :lol:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.