Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooo Ava and I went for a little stroll today to our favorite dog boutique. I went there to buy Fromm dog food. I used to feed it til my Kendall got bored of it. And now we are making the switch from taste of the wild to Fromm. Anyhow, they had a collar sale buy 1 get 1 for $1. I received the email this morning, and assumed it'd be for their ribbon collars. So I was shocked when they told me that "around the collar" dog collars were included in the deal! These collars retail for $50 and up. I couldn't pass it up. Here's a few pics! Flowers for Brax, and pink with crystals for Ava View attachment 44737 View attachment 44745 View attachment 44753
Also had collars made for Braxton's 1 yr bday and Ava's 6 months, they are by greenbelts View attachment 44761

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks girly! Bout time this stuff came in. I've been waiting for weeks lol. There are so many Minky fabrics on that site you told me about! I have no clue where to begin. Hopefully I can find something I like and maybe order my first dream chi blanky sometime soon!

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I was at the pet store today, I asked if they had primal, and the lady brought two bags up to the counter. I don't recall which flavors. But anyhow they were $28! Soooo expensive! But anyway, she started talking to me about Stella and chewies and said how they sell more Stella's and that primal isn't quite as popular but that they are both really good. However she says there is more variety with Stella's because of all of the different protein options to choose from. She really seemed to be pushing me in the direction of Stella's so now I'm completely confused. Anyhow, I have a $25 off coupon on hold at a different pet store by my job. I'm thinking of using it towards a bag of primal or S&C. Because of how pricy they both are, and the fact that I have 4 dogs, if it should happen that they like it. I may only use it as a topper. For now.

·
Registered
64 Posts
S&C give Grimm gas. They are good for a wide variety but they also have different prices for the different mixes.
Primal I like better even if they don't have choices. Primal also sent me a free sample and a free coupon for their starter pack.
I mix a bunch of things in their diet. Haha diamond puppy, primal, evangers canned.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
stella and chewys is more pricey if u think $28 was a lot LOL ;) yay u can get ur sample! :D there is a lot of variety for stella and chewys like the pheasant one is our fav ;p

·
Registered
64 Posts
Primal is $25 at our boutique vs $25-$36 for S&C.
One of the workers there has tried both and also prefers primal.
One of the reasons I mix foods is to keep the taste different and add some fun for the dogs. I use kibble as dog treats instead of buying expensive bags of treats or cheap hot dogs. Lol

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
S&C and Primal are very similar in quality and yes S&C has more flavors or proteins but Primal is newer so they might start coming out with more proteins. My two will eat both but Primal is their favorite and here it is cheaper than S&C

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found a healthy pet boutique on the way home today. Totally by accident. I went in and checked it out, they were down to only one bag of primal, but they had a lot of S&C. So I bought a small bag of the duck patties to try. I've also switched my dogs back to Fromm. Well...all of my dogs absolutely love S&C! Can't wait to try primal as well! Hopefully it's as big a hit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts