Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if you all remember a while back, I mentioned a dog that was found as a stray; we were going to foster it but the folks who found her decided to keep her. Well, I guess the landlord changed her mind AFTER approving the decision initially; and they couldn't keep her. So, she's with us now. The people we got her from called her a chihuahua; but I'm not sure there's much chi in there lol. She is about 10lbs, still shorter than our 7lb cresteds... but very stocky. I almost thought pug/chihuahua; she doesn't have a pug or chihuahua face, at ALL; but her back end is pug-ish; and when her tail curls over it especially looks that way. But who knows. To me she looks like a Great Dane that was shrunken or something; she's more of a tiny big dog; than a big chi if you ask me LOL. From pix alone she really looks like a larger breed dog; until you see her in person and realize how small she is. Just wondered if anyone else had thoughts on what she looked like? She'd be a great one to do a DNA test on but since we're not keeping her we aren't going to bother investing in it. Her vetting is done, now just gotta find a permanent home for her. She's my ONLY foster now, since Zak went to his new home on Tuesday. But she's got some major trust issues, especially with men. Who knows what she went through. She adores me though and is just as bouncy as can be; but whenever she first meets someone she's petrified and defensive... quite sad. She's not fond of Robbie despite his best efforts of giving her space, not pressuring her and even giving lots of treats. Anyway, here's a few pictures. =)

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Jack/Chi?
Poor baby, what a crappy life being thrown around like that.
Hope you find her the perfect, forever home, she deserves the best.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
If she's short and stocky what comes to my mind is a dachshund mix, chihuahua and maybe even some jack. She looks like she could be alot of things all mushed into a cute package.

Maybe dna test her?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I was thinking maybe a Chi/Jack Russell/dachsund mix? (I'm becoming very open minded about adding that 3rd breed in there - I'm pretty sure Pedro has some poodle in there somewhere even though he was represented as a Chi/Cairn terrier mix...)

I love her, but alas, I am full up right now...

And the man thing...It may take awhile. We had Pedro 6 months before Pete could touch him (without getting bit), and another 3 or so months before he could pick him up and really love on him. We've been 9 months without a bite, now...Although he still doesn't trust my son - he's 6'2", about 240 lbs, covered in tats and piercings, and I think that throws Pedro off, or maybe some of his earlier abuse came from someone with tats or something that reminds him of Colby. The odd thing is, all animals love my son, he's a magnet for them, but not Pedro. His wife says that if anything ever happens to us, she wants Pedro to keep Colby in line.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.