Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, ive never followed a diet, but id love to lose max 2 stone so going to give this a go...
How has anyone else found the Atkins diet? It seems to have a high success rate?

Im a little confused how much of the stuff like cheese/burgers etc you CAN eat? It says for lunch you can have a burger (no bun etc), but does it actually mean just 1 burger?! and cheese as snacks - how much a whole block!? :)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
You eat until satisfied. After the first few days, you will find that you are eating less and less and have NO hunger. I usually have for breakfast 3 medium eggs with onions, green pepper cooked in butter, and a bit of tomato, lunch is a piece of sausage or 3 to 4 oz of deli meat and an ounce of cheese and maybe a piece of dill pickle, dinner is a chicken leg or breast or a small steak or piece of pork and salad. Snack is a handful of seeds or nuts or an Adkins bar. And be sure to drink 8 glasses of water, this will flush the broken down fat and protein out of your kidneys. I've lost about 85 pounds on this diet, if you keep to it, you will see the pound fall off

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I am on weight watchers. I am now a lifetime member and have maintained my current healthy weight since January. I lost 50lbs in 9 months. I eat a healthy diet of proteins, vegatables and fruits. You can have as many fruits and most vegatables you want on the current WW plan. I also eat, in moderation, snacks of cake, candy or icecream. I could not have lost the weight without my carb rich sweet treats!

I think as far as eating plans go, you have to pick one that is best for you and stick with it.

Good luck, let us know how you are doing!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow well done!
Im finding anything hard to do at the moment as im a comfort eater lol getting home from work all I want to do is pig out! :foxes15:

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Atkins is a great diet!! Here is one of my favorite sites about it. You need to eat plenty of vegtables as well as your meats. Just think of a meal as the same as always with your protein portion and your veggies. Some veggies like potatoes and corn you'll want to leave out and no fruit for the first 2 weeks. If you have the willpower to leave the bread and flour alone this diet will give you unbelievable energy (after the first week) and it completely ridded me of headaches which i normally am plagued with. It will cut your appetite WAY down and the weight comes off quickly. Exercise a little and that will help alot too.
Sugar Free Sheila.com: The ULTIMATE Resource For Atkins Information

1 - 6 of 6 Posts