Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone attended the Chihuahua meetings that are schedule every month? My pups have attended the one last month. They were shy and scared. I'm hoping that they get better as the months go by. Does anyone know of any more dog parks in the Dallas area? :grommit:

·
Registered
98 Posts
What chihuahua meetings? I don't know anything about chihuahua meetings.... Where and when are the chihuahua meetings?

I take Daisy to a dog park in Plano. It's pretty nice. It's off of Spring Valley... somewhere between Preston and Custer. I usually take Preston to Spring Valley and look for the little brown sign that says "DOG PARK."

Daisy is also pretty shy. Sometimes she clicks with another dog and they run around for a bit, but she never strays too far from me and she "checks in" with me every 10 minutes or so. There always seems to be one dog that Daisy doesn't want to play with that REALLY wants to play with her and won't leave her alone -- she ends up growling and snapping at them. I feel bad for the poor rejected dog.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi! :wave: Nice to know they're some Chi owners from Texas. :lol:
Yes! I've heard about the Chihuahua meet up...they had a website. I haven't thought of joining them cause usually they've a certain day for meet-up and usually I'd be pretty tied up on weekends. Of couse with my husband and my Chi! :roll:
Thanks for the info Daisy's mom. Didn't know they've a dog park in Plano. I live pretty closeby...40 minutes drive away. Will try to check them out one! 8)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dog Park

Hello! I found out about the chihuahua meetings through one of my friends who have been attending regularly. We meet every second Saturday of each month. We meet at White Rock Park at 10:00am. You basically meet up with other fellow chihuahua lover and you get to know each other and their pups. I think it's good socializing skills for our pups. They were very shy and scared and i hope by going more they will grow to love it. It's a good idea and i enjoyed it. I do need to check out the Plano Park though because that is a lot closer to home. If anyone is interested maybe one day we can all meet up and introduce our pups. My partner and i are very flexible on the weekends and evenings. Hope everyone has a great day and wonderful weekend.
:) :wave:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hi I am also a Texan Chi owner, or soon to be chi owner. I know this was posted a long time ago but I was wondering if they still had these meetings. I f anyone knows about these meeting or any other ones in Texas please post about them.

Thanks a bunch

·
Registered
518 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
All of a sudden, all the Texans are popping out of the woodwork. :D :D

Frasier's Mommy, you're moving back to Dallas fairly soon, right (I know, not a moment too soon :lol: )?
Exactly - not a moment too soon. lol

I've never read this forum. These posts are old but I hope some of these people from the Dallas/Plano area are still running around here. They could help me with some questions about housing and school districts.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Wow I didn't realize there were chi owners on here near me. I'm in the Dallas/Plano area of Texas. Would love to find a dog park near me.

·
Registered
70 Posts
There is an Austin group also. I think I saw a few fellow Austinites on the board. They meet tomorrow at 11am. I can't go this month, but maybe in the future.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
We're in Austin too. We haven't been able to go to a meetup yet and this months meetup is out of the question because Cooper is having knee surgery on Thursday. :(
It's a shame ... he LOVES seeing other Chihuahuas. He actually notices his own kind and I look forward to him walking into a room full of his peeps. LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts