Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently went to scotland, and i was bombarded by people coming up to me, one woman ran over the road with her arms out going "ooooh a wee little dog!!! look at it" also i walked past a line of school children and they all were screaming CHIHUAHUA!! CHIHUAHUA!! deano then was petrified and tooked his head under my chin (i was holding him because it could take an hour to get to the shop lol) but this is far the best i have had yet. I was at home when the door bell rang i then opened the door to find 4 small children which were asking me if i was the one with the chihuahua and could they hold it. I thought it was very finny. Geez these Chi's get alot of attention ive never had so much in my entire life! When i was in scotland i was out for about an hour just looking around the town centre, and honestly about 15 people had come up to me stroking him. You cant help but smile. But then you get some people who want to look but try there best not to, maybe because Chihuahua's are in the celebrity eye at the moment and they dont want to appear looking or give you the satisfaction that they are.
It was a great day out!

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Nemo used to get it all the time in london, I even had people try and pick him up I was not amused and kids used to follow me everywhere. I couldn't walk down a highstreet without being stopped every 5 mins it was cute at first but after a while I just wanted to get my stuff done.

Sarah

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I've gotten used to all the attention Lily generates and I never tire of the compliments. I just wish Lily could appreciate it. Yesterday we were out walking and a little girl, maybe 5 years old, started to chase Lily. I asked her to stop and told her Lily was scared of kids. She kept chasing. Then I told her Lily would bite. She still didn't stop chasing until her mother called her back. If the mom hadn't interceded I'd have grabbed the kid myself. Nobody chases my Lily.

Most people are so nice about wanting to pet her though. They always ask first and I tell them to "Let Lily sniff your hand so she knows you're a nice person." Lily doesn't flinch anymore but I can tell she doesn't really like it.

Occasionally some of the neighborhood kids will ask if they can play with her or take her for a walk. Aside from the fact that Lily herself would freak out, there is no way I'd ever allow a child to take Lily for a walk. Or anyone else for that matter. :lol:

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:D I don't know if I could handle that..here in Canada everybody is like..What is that?? (in a friendly way) chis are not that big here, thank goodness...I think we have enough attention already, lol :D

·
Registered
481 Posts
i know what you mean lilys mum,most young kids dont really know about letting dogs sniff your hand first and they just stroke straight on to the top of the head which coco hates and then thats when he gets angry also when young kids run up to him,they can be nervous animals so no wonder they get scared and sometimes you do feel like telling them to leave your baby alone!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Minka LOVES LOVES LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She is such a little flirt!! she loves eevvvvvvvvvverrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy one!
Little boys little girls, teenagers, men woman, garnnys grandpas, dogs, cats, MICE!

She just loves attention!!!
and tottaly trusts everyone...

shes so funny!

Love n hugs
:angel1:
Sydney n Minka xXx

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
chiwi loves attention too. everyone always wants to hold her but me being paranoid i don't let them, i just say oh you can pet her all you want but she gets nervous when strangers hold her. i met a guy yesterday in petsmart he was llike oh a long hair she is beautiful! i have 2 and he whipped out his wallet right on the spot lol to show me picks. the stood petting her and talking to me for like 10 minutes.

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
i know what you mean sometimes its nice that people are interested sometimes though its like whoa thats my dog you cant just pick him up and walk off with out even asking to touch him

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went up there to get my sister at uni she lives in aberdeen though. I dont think Chis are that popular in scotland i think thats why they were so fascinated. i know when the kids knocked on my door i didnt want to sound rude but i didnt want deano to get mauled so i just explained that he was new and he was just settling in and he might bite (he wont but i just said that so they would want to - oh gosh i sound mean!)
paint my world - i was in peebles - do you know where that is? Its very nice up there! Deano didnt mind the attention though but i think they thought i was marding him because i was holding him, but it just takes to long to get to the shop and only recently has deano got used to walking on a lead with a coller so im very impressed with him at the moment.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I'm not sure where that is exactly but I have heard of it before. I actually come from up north. Its a small town between Aberdeen and INverness. Your right tho there's really not many chi's up here at all. Zola's not been out yet but I'll see how it goes in a few weeks when he can go out on walks

*vicky*

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Once i was riding my horse through heaton park (duno if any uk people know where that is - maybe?) but i was just walking along and a mum and little girl asked to stroke him and my horse kouros is bombproof so i said yeah and i wasnt in no rush next minute i know she just plonked her kid up on his bum which your not really ment to do as i was sat on him already. I was like "erm excuse me you cant just do that - you have to be insured and it is not safe" i was very very shocked! Good job kouros isnt a maniac! It would of been nice of her to ask - but i still would of said no!

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
MissMolly said:
That's so cute! Almost everywhere I go with Molly people are like " Awww She's ( or he's ,even with a pink leash :roll: ) so cute!!! " :D :wave: :D
oh forget it, i get so many "he's cute" ! even when she is wearing her bright pink collar with the swarovski crystals :roll:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts