Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Chico really like the rain? I love your siggie.. it's very cute!!

I just had to ask though cause mine do not in any way shape or form like the rain. I however love a good thunderstorm! :D

·
Premium Member
5,272 Posts
LMAO!!
thanks for enjoying my siggy...

I LOVE graphics and creating siggys... I create many digital scrapbook pages at home and am creating my family history thru Heritage scrapbooking(digital) right now. I have GIGS of digital scrapkits and I tend to learn by doing so....I actually was learning a new technique (rain animation) and to try to make it look close to real rain... rain is one the the hardest things to animate and make look real....so after about 2 days I came out with the one you see in my siggy... The tutorial I used was named "I love the Rain" and the Scrapkit I worked with was named the same.... I never even thought about it and named the siggy "I love the Rain'.... someone PM'd me and asked the same as you have.... lol it was the first I even thought about it like that....

so to answer your question, chico does NOT like the rain..I am the one that likes the rain.... thunderstorms.... lightening... all that good window-shattering stuff :)...Chico thinks getting his feet wet is a criminal offense..... ;)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Amen Chico! My two are right there with you.

To jail with any owner dreadful enough to take a chi out in the rain!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have one that stresses out so bad in thunderstorms... he's a mess! I'm very interested in digital scrapbooking. I have been a scrapbooker for years and boy would my husband love for me to be rid of my scrap room. Do you know of any free digital scrap sites out there to play with?

·
Premium Member
5,272 Posts
Do you know of any free digital scrap sites out there to play with?
Mymicody,
there are thousands of free scrap sites on the Net.... Most of my kits are/were free....just 'google' for "scrapkit" "free" and you should find alot to get started...... tutorials are also on the Net to use .... as far as Programs, I use Photoshop Elements 9....but I suppose you can use whatever you are comfortable with....warning though.... you will spend HOURS creating a page or siggy once you get 'inspired'...lol..its addictive and fun!

right now I am downloading a 'blogtrain'... thats where a 100 or so designers supply a small free mini-kit to download and you can put the kit together to create one big kit...
The Brown Owl

just a small sample of my digital scrap pages... I print them out and place in an album
Scrapbook pictures pictures by jan896 - Photobucket

I can help you get started if you need assistance...I love creating siggys and digital scrapbook pages.... good luck!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh thank you very much!! I need to convince my dh that I need that photoshop program. :D **as I look around my office at what I can sell...:D**

Going to look at your pages now. Do you miss not having the dimension that regular scrapbooking gives?

·
Premium Member
5,272 Posts
the digital 8X10 pages I use now are fine with me.... cost effective too! the 12x12 pages of regular scrapbooking just seems to cost too much, everything costs with the regular scrapbooking.... but I do not have that the pretty 'stuff' hanging all over the pages that the reg. secrapbooks have(which is fine with me).... with the digital you can get a printer to print out 12x12 pages if you like that size.... but I am happy with 8x10....and once you see my pages I think the dimension is just fine :) but I don't see why you still can't add the pretty stuff if you like that kind of thing...

as far as the photoshop elements 9, its the 'preferred' program for digital scrapbooking.... the majority digital scrapbooking sites and tutorials will be for PS Elements.... I think you can get a free trial of element and use it for 30 days if you want to....but you can use just about any graphic program for digital scrapbooks... the printer is the most important equipment so you can print very nice quality pics....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're right you can always add dimension. Your pages look fantastic. I did a few on a site a while back... I'll have to find them and post them. They only offered a few layouts to play with but it was fun and I liked the results. Now...lemme see if I can find them and I will post them. They aren't of the pooches tho.. just the family. (ha...notice I said "just" the family..LOL)

·
Premium Member
5,272 Posts
that pretty good!! just wait until you start with a blank canvas and put one together from scratch... its an awesome feeling :) I can set you up with some scrapkits to get started.... Most of my siggys I have created on this forum have usually around 100 elements on them.....which means 'everything' is added, I start with a blank white background and add them(elements) one at a time....

do you have an IM program like ICQ or yahoo messanger?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
You will enjoy the clean and easy world of digital scrapbooking...I used to do traditional paper scrapbooking and while it was fun, the mess and cost was overwhelming. I do more scraping now that I do digital. Bonus...when you are done all you do is shut down the computer. I also use photoshop elements, it is a great program for photo editing, but you can find free or really inexpensive photo editing programs out there. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bonus...when you are done all you do is shut down the computer.
Gotta love that aspect of it!

I used to put on Scrapbooking Retreats and about a year ago a lady came with only her computer. She sat there from Thurs to Sun on that thing... she didn't even need a trash bag it was great!

do you have an IM program like ICQ or yahoo messanger?
I have skype and yahoo messenger my id on both of those is mymicody

I'm totally going to have to download the free 30 day trial and play with it. Now.. if I could just find a way that my work would need to purchase it I would be in heaven! (or hell.. just depends on how you look at it. ;) ) Is photoshop about a hundred bucks? I'll have to google it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok.. I just spent the last two hours downloading and installing the photoshop. :D Now to figure it all out. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts