Chihuahua People Forum banner

should ppl be allowed to participate when they have failed to post or respond?

• yes allow them to still be involved in the exchange

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • no not fair to the members who are active

Votes: 29 64.4%
  • its up to appleblossom she is in charge of ss

Votes: 14 31.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having some difficulties pairing people up for secret santa this time around.I have been trying to track down a few members that have joined but havent posted since (Im not naming names) I hate to leave people out but at the same time if these members arent posting or responding to pm's I send Im a bit concerned about pairing them up with the members who are active & do send out gifts.. I didnt want to be the bad guy in this so I thought that I would do a poll & get your opinions on what to do...

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
what you do brandi is very hard work, i would send 1 pm, if the dont respond in 24 hours, bearing in mind time differences ect, they are out, its not fair on you getting stressed over this

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I am with Amanda, if a member is not actively contributing then I think they should loose the option to participate and when I say "not active" I mean weeks on end with no posts.
I agree this is a lot of work for you! and thank you for doing it for us! :)

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
depends really...if they have participated in exchanges before then give them a chance, im sure theres more than one way to contact them!!

if they havnt participated before and do not respond within 24 hours then no x

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
just a thought.... if you want i would be willing to be secret santa to the person who didnt respond back... and if they still dont respond back within a couple weeks, then i could take my girl who is swapping with that person out of the swap ( seeing i have 3 entered ) they could be away or very busy or having computer problems....
my girls always share everything anyways :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
I'm not taking part this year but I did take part last year.

I'd do as stated above and give them a chance via PM and perhaps a thread as a reminder that members can bump up to keep it visible.

If they don't reply within a certain time period (which you can decide upon seeing as time really is of the essence now), discount them from the exchange.

The only problem you may have, is having enough people do pair up but it looks like almost everyone joined in this year anyway!

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It really is a tough situation. The 2 members in question one was last on 9-13 & last posted on 9-5 she is in with 3 dogs in the $50 catagory never participated before the other was last on 9-11 last posted on 8-27 she is in with 2 dogs both in the $10 catagory...

·
Registered
319 Posts
depends really...if they have participated in exchanges before then give them a chance, im sure theres more than one way to contact them!!

if they havnt participated before and do not respond within 24 hours then no x
I agree with Princess. If it's someone that has participated successfully before I would probably let them take part. Many situations could have come up that prevent them from replying (from losing their internet to injuries/illnesses).

If it's someone that is taking part for the first time, I would set a reasonable time limit for them to respond. If there's no reply, exclude them from the exchange.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
just another thought...
you could pair the 2 that didnt respond back together and just tell the one that entered for 50 that it would have to be changed to 10 . lol. maybe not ???
sorry this is so agrivating for you :(

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I agree with Princess. If it's someone that has participated successfully before I would probably let them take part. Many situations could have come up that prevent them from replying (from losing their internet to injuries/illnesses).

If it's someone that is taking part for the first time, I would set a reasonable time limit for them to respond. If there's no reply, exclude them from the exchange.
I agree with this. As well.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
both of these members havent participated before...

Ill pm them again but its going to set everyone back with getting their matches...

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
I'm sorry Brandi but this is ridiculous because They are setting us all back. I say give them a 2 or 3 warning type of thing and if they don't respond, their loss.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It really is setting everyone back...I might add that it is annoying to have to try & track people down & beg them to respond to me lol I also wonder that what if they respond now then go all awol again...

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
i noticed last year you had a second ss sign up... so was just thinking , you could close this one and have the ones that didnt respond go to a second ss sign up if you want to do that, like in a month or so. just a thought....

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I'm concerned that if they aren't responding now in September, where in the world are they going to be come December?! That's 3 months from now! I would drop them. Just go with the people who are active and posting and have a track record of hanging around.

I think that may have been some of the problem in earlier exchanges.... the people were all gung ho about it, but then time passed and they forgot about the forum.

If they don't care enough to be posting regularly, then I wouldn't take the risk of pairing them up with someone who is probably going to be disappointed. I'd send a couple of PM's a few days apart and if you don't get any answer, then set them aside. If they came back later with a legitimate excuse, you could always stick them back in again. (Maybe with another person who is doing the same thing!)

I'd only pair active members with other active members. Just smarter that way.

Just my take.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
humm yes that is a good idea...maybe I sould just do that then instead of trying to play pm tag lol then Im sure other members would have enough posts to join in as well...

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm concerned that if they aren't responding now in September, where in the world are they going to be come December?! That's 3 months from now! I would drop them. Just go with the people who are active and posting and have a track record of hanging around.

I think that may have been some of the problem in earlier exchanges.... the people were all gung ho about it, but then time passed and they forgot about the forum.

If they don't care enough to be posting regularly, then I wouldn't take the risk of pairing them up with someone who is probably going to be disappointed. I'd send a couple of PM's a few days apart and if you don't get any answer, then set them aside. If they came back later with a legitimate excuse, you could always stick them back in again. (Maybe with another person who is doing the same thing!)

I'd only pair active members with other active members. Just smarter that way.

Just my take.

this was my concern too..the exchanges used to be 100 posts to join but lots would post 100 random things in the million thread & bam they were in they were soo active & then who knows where they went they got their free gifts & moved on...

1 - 20 of 113 Posts