Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it seems Maya has remembered her sister. Our breeder reminded me how they were always like 2 peas in a pod & were always together as littermates. Aw! So the past few days I've noticed Maya has been coming over to Maribelle & trying to clean her ears & such. Mari is a bit cranky & will grumble at her but she has learned to tolerate it. Silly Mari. Whats funny is some of the other dogs are more receptive to Maya yet Maya chose Mari to start cleaning even though she was grumbling at her a little bit. LOL

Anyway, yesterday Mari was laying in my lap while I was checking the boards on my laptop & Maya came over & laid right on top of Mari & started her routine. :D I quick had my daughter grab my camera & captured this "sister moment" as Maya cleaned, nibbled & "brushed" the long hair on her ears. It was so sweet!

Hope you enjoy as much as we did! :love4:

"what chu doin back dar sister?"

"oh whaddever"

And I'm tossing this one in here too - both hoping my daughter drops some crumbs. LOL

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Awwww..... they are both beautiful!! What gorgeous pics, you captured that perfectly. Fantastic!! I love Mari's face in them. :) They look so alike standing there looking at your daughter!!

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Gorgeous girls! ALL of them :)
Tabitha and Jerry have a special bond from being littermates.
I don't think it ever ends... How lovely that Maya had a family member waiting for her.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
THey're so lovely is Maya smooth coat and Mari Long coat??? I love that.. tell her she can come and clean Daisy's ears for her.. at the moment its me.. but obviously not with my tongue!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awwww..... they are both beautiful!! What gorgeous pics, you captured that perfectly. Fantastic!! I love Mari's face in them. :) They look so alike standing there looking at your daughter!!
Thanks - I just love how they came out. Mari isn't totally impressed but she is becoming okay with...her expression almost says just that. LOL You can definitely see some similarities with them standing there next to each other. Maya has a thinner frame for sure. Still is on the thin side but their mom has a thinner frame too so she'll probably almost be a bit thinner than her sister. :)

Gorgeous girls! ALL of them :)
Tabitha and Jerry have a special bond from being littermates.
I don't think it ever ends... How lovely that Maya had a family member waiting for her.
Thank you Therese. :) Tabitha & Jerry are lucky because they have been together since day one. How special!! But I agree, I don't think it ever ends even when a lot of time has passed.

Such touching pictures. Very sweet x
Thank you! :)

THey're so lovely is Maya smooth coat and Mari Long coat??? I love that.. tell her she can come and clean Daisy's ears for her.. at the moment its me.. but obviously not with my tongue!
Yes, Maya is a SC & Mari a LC. Their mom is a smooth coat choc brindle & dad a LC fawn & white. Mom was also thinner framed & dad more like Mari so they each take after a parent. LOL They do often mix coat types here in the US - I never knew they didn't do it in other countries! If I hadn't seen Maya as a pup I'd never believe they were littermates because they are so different. :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Yes, Maya is a SC & Mari a LC. Their mom is a smooth coat choc brindle & dad a LC fawn & white. Mom was also thinner framed & dad more like Mari so they each take after a parent. LOL They do often mix coat types here in the US - I never knew they didn't do it in other countries! If I hadn't seen Maya as a pup I'd never believe they were littermates because they are so different. :)
I was actually going to moan that its unfair over here that we cant register pups who are born from sc and lc parents!!! Is very very clever how the fur genetics works though.. you'd think it'd be whoevers dna was stronger.. obviously not!! I wouldn't believe it either if you hadn't have showed the videos as puppys but she is lucky to have found your family and her sister!!!

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
I love it !!!! Great pics as always I know o asked before but I think ima save for a great camera like that
Great story

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Love the pictures, especially Mari's face..lol Maya is such a beautiful girl and again so fortunate to have found your family. :) Your girls are proof the "family bond" is strong enough to survive extended separation.

I so enjoy watching the family dynamics with animals.. We raised a brother and sister chi until he passed away at 13.. and it was so evident they were siblings. Also had a mother and son chi for almost 10 years, and she disciplined him all of his life. Now we're raising the sisters, Snow and Holly, who are inseparable.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Awwwww, Heather, that is so sweet! They look like they adore each other! They are both such gorgeous girls! Mari's coat color stands out so much! It's such a beautiful rich color! I love to see pics like these. It shows how really close they can be. Touching. The pic of them both standing there waiting for crumbs is just too cute! That's a great way to get them to stand still for a sec, isn't it! :lol: Gorgeous pictures, girl!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
So cute! Is Maya the only "cleaner" in your house? Bailey is ours and he will lay right on top of who ever needs cleaning so they cant move. Addy isnt too receptive of it yet.

The last picture is adorable. Their stature looks identical.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Love those pics. Mari's expression in the first one cracked me up. I'm sure in no time she'll love her sisters cuddles! Its so sweet that Maya is loving on her so much.
What a wonderful moment to capture.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wow stunning photos! The quality is excellent! Mari &Maya are a great pair
Thanks! I think they are quite a nice pair of Chi's too. ;)

I was actually going to moan that its unfair over here that we cant register pups who are born from sc and lc parents!!! Is very very clever how the fur genetics works though.. you'd think it'd be whoevers dna was stronger.. obviously not!! I wouldn't believe it either if you hadn't have showed the videos as puppys but she is lucky to have found your family and her sister!!!
I love Chi genetics - SO interesting! I guess the LC genetics were a bit stronger in this pairing though because Maya was the only SC as there were then 3 LC siblings. I'm so glad I got pics & videos of them as babies. I need to dig out some more of Maya's baby pics as I'm sure I have at least one sweet one of one of my girls with her. Will have to go back through my archives soon!

I love it !!!! Great pics as always I know o asked before but I think ima save for a great camera like that
Great story
LOL Thanks! With such a complicated camera you do have a lot to learn in order to use all the settings though. It took me a good year or 2 to get comfy with shooting in different lighting situations. But once you learn the basics it is very enjoyable. :)

Love the pictures, especially Mari's face..lol Maya is such a beautiful girl and again so fortunate to have found your family. :) Your girls are proof the "family bond" is strong enough to survive extended separation.

I can't say enough how happy we are to have her. Like I said before I was a bit nervous brining in an older Chi because I know they came come with issues but she's just settled in so well. Makes me SO happy to have decided to bring her in. Definitely it was meant to be...especially after seeing her care for her sissy so much. :)

I so enjoy watching the family dynamics with animals.. We raised a brother and sister chi until he passed away at 13.. and it was so evident they were siblings. Also had a mother and son chi for almost 10 years, and she disciplined him all of his life. Now we're raising the sisters, Snow and Holly, who are inseparable.
That is so cool to hear! The bonds really are amazing & you are so lucky to have had so many "familes"! Holly & Snow are lucky to have one another...and a mum & dad that allow them to stay together!

Awwwww, Heather, that is so sweet! They look like they adore each other! They are both such gorgeous girls! Mari's coat color stands out so much! It's such a beautiful rich color! I love to see pics like these. It shows how really close they can be. Touching. The pic of them both standing there waiting for crumbs is just too cute! That's a great way to get them to stand still for a sec, isn't it! :lol: Gorgeous pictures, girl!
Thanks!! I do love Mari's color & you are right...it's such a RICH red color! I love how silky & shiney it is. I wish I had hair like hers. LOL And yes...it did give me a chance to get a pic of them holding still. ;)

So cute! Is Maya the only "cleaner" in your house? Bailey is ours and he will lay right on top of who ever needs cleaning so they cant move. Addy isnt too receptive of it yet.

The last picture is adorable. Their stature looks identical.
LOL...no, basically all of them are cleaners. Maxie grumbles a bit at Marley & Maya when they try to clean him up. He's turning into a grumpy old man! :roll: Too funny about Bailey laying on the others! One way to get them to hold still. LOL

lol you so have decals or papers of some sort on your mantle of your CHIS!! =) how cute!
LOL Thanks. It's actually a photo I had printed on double weigh matboard. My favorite way to display pics! My mantle pic needs to be updated though...there are 2 Chi's missing now! hehe

Adorable pics!
They really are stunning girls!! xx
Thank you!!

awwww cuteness.

PS you have a very nice house :)
Oh - thanks! :D It's an OLD house that we have been renovating for almost 5 years now. A never ending project for sure.... LOL

Your pictures are always amazing:):)

Great pictures..they are adorable together!
Aw, thank you! :)

Love those pics. Mari's expression in the first one cracked me up. I'm sure in no time she'll love her sisters cuddles! Its so sweet that Maya is loving on her so much.
What a wonderful moment to capture.

Thank you, I hope you are right about Mari being more receptive. She has definitely gotten more so, so I'm sure in another week or so she'll probably be giving the cleanings as well. She's just been a bit crabby to everyone lately though too. Girly hormones if you kwim! LOL

1 - 20 of 23 Posts