Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ladies :)

He is a very gentle little boy and would just die if he hurt either one of "his" puppies lol. The minute I walk in the door he runs up to me, hugs me and says, "where's mine hogg dog?" :roll: I love that he's learning how to treat animals at a young age. I would just hate it if I thought I was raising a child that didn't respect animals.

I just love pictures of kids and chi's esp. small children because it lets those people who say, "chihuahuas aren't good with kids." and "kids are too rough for a small dog like a chi." know that children can be TAUGHT how to treat a puppy of that size. I don't know how much crap I caught when I got Lina. Well poo on those people!! :lol:

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Gaige is such a good looking little fellow...what a beautiful smile ...and the dimples are too cute ! He looks so comfortable with Hogg dog...shows he has had proper instructions on handling a small pet.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"puppy boy love" lol that cracked me up! :lol:

I do try to teach him how to handle the puppies. He learned fast with Lina but he's a little more rough with her than he should be (he doesn't hurt her or wrestle with her like a big dog. He just is a little more rough with her since she is able to fight back lol). To my surprise he was extremely gentle with Boss from day one. The whole, "you have to be careful, he's just a baby." thing worked :).

Edit: Thank you for the compliments how cute my little man is btw *beams with pride*. He truely is the light of my life :)

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
super cute pics! and i'm impressed that you are instilling a love for animals in him :wave: if i died tomorrow i know that my passion and legacy for animals will carry on through kylie. she is SUCH an animal lover. we should be so proud.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am very proud :) My mom taught me to at least be nice to animals, even if I'm not fond of the particular animal. That's what I want Gaige to learn. Dawn is still much too rough with both Lina and Boss. I'm not sure what I can do to make her more gentle with them. Instead of sitting on the floor and letting Lina come to her, she chases her until Lina finally starts growling and snapping at her (she's bit her a few times because she wouldn't leave her alone). When this happens I usually put them both in a time out. She also has a tendancy to hold Lina by the neck when trying to pet her. I don't know how to get her to stop that either. She's not allowed alone with either dog anymore because of it (not that I just stuck her in a room with no supervision before, but still).

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am not sure how old Dawn is, but when my girls were very young I would use a stuffed Kitty or Puppy to teach them (I use the same method w/the 1 & 3 yr old boys I babysit for now). It works great and the stuffed animals can't get hurt like the real ones can (they also can't bite if the child doesn't do it right a few times :wink: ) just say things like "how do we pet the kitty/puppy", etc. while she is holding or near the "stunt animal" :lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts