Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
mine never where a collar in the house and when we go walks they wear harnesses as there little throats are very sensitive and it is easy to collapse there windpipes if they pull on the lead :wave:

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Mine dont wear collars now either, they used to wear flea-collars. Now only wear harness's when they go out, they are 'nude' in the house. :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was told the liquid is adequate and you won't need a flea collar, too. I've had a problem lately with fleas because we adopted a kitten that had them and couldn't be deflead (defleaed? de something! ha) before we brought her home and the flea collars were pretty much useless we put on our chi.

I use a harness as well.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ha ha. You go, girl!

A woman and her dog shall never be parted!!!!!!

:thumbright:

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
pammyszoo said:
the flea collars were pretty much useless we put on our chi.quote] ......................I have had chis for twenty years and always use flea collars 'touch wood' only ever had fleas twice in that time.

·
Registered
102 Posts
What kind do you buy?

Maybe I'm getting the wrong brand? Or maybe we just have too many fleas with little Xie the flea-bitten Kitten in the house?

I hate using flea dips. I think it's hard on their little systems, but that's just my paranoia maybe. I worry about my critters.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
I have bought several different ones, 'good boy', is the only name i can remember at the moment.They might be different in uk?

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:D Stinky wears collars just for looks...never ever would i take him out in one he has a nice harness to go out and that has saved him a couple of times (HUGE dogs being "friendly")...but yeah, if you just like the idea of putting a nice pink collar on your pixy, go for it! :D

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Vala mentioned a good reason for the harnesses, you can pick them right up in an instant. I have Mr. in a collar in the house. The main and I guess only reason is for his little bell. He's a big boy but I still like to know where he's at so we don't step on him or accidently kick him. When I eventually get a little female I will put a cute pink collar on her, I'm sure. :wink:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've never found a flea collar that has worked. Neither does the cheap liquid stuff. The only thing that works for me is stuff from the vet.. like frontline.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Kemo wears a collar to hold his ID tags etc.
He wears a harness for walks. A collar is not going to hurt them, just make sure its not too loose to get caught on something.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I never leave the collars on mine either, although Squeak she slips out of them so she wears a harnes when I take her out. As for the fleas if you have them in your house you might want to try Borox 20 mule team, sprinkle it on your carpet and leave it there for a week it will kill the eggs and adults. Hope this helps.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts