Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get mom out of the dog room this morning, the dogs got out. I managed to get all of them back, but couldn't find Babushka. She had skinnied through the baby gate and was in my bedroom, trying to play with my mom's old cats. Well, Dolly, the world's meanest grumpy old cat, swiped at her and caught her right across the eye. After I got the bleeding stopped, and threw some clothes on, off we went to the vets. Most of the blood was from a cut on the upper eyelid, but she does have a large, deep scratch across her eye and blood in the anterior part of her eyeball. The vet can't visualize the pupil to make sure it's ok, so I have to keep a close eye on her and take her in immediately if the bleeding gets worse or there is clear drainage or she won't open the eye. I have a e-collar for her, but for right now she is in her crate up on a chair right in front of me, so I am leaving it off unless I have to leave for a long time. She is being very good at leaving it alone and is sleeping. She has antibiotics and ointment and pain meds. And, on top of all this, she got her final puppy shots today. My poor, poor little puppy. Gee, just what I needed right now, more stress.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Poor sweetheart. That must of been scary and stressful for both of you!
Sending lots of healing thoughts her way. Hugs!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Poor baby. And just what you don't need right now with Chumley's issues from the other day and puppies on the way any minute! Hope she is feeling better soon :)

·
Registered
801 Posts
Pam - I wish you were my neighbor so I could
just go over to your house and help out in some way!
Bless your heart, you always have your hands full and
your heart open.

Poor little angel, I hope everything heals and there is
no damage.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you everyone for the well wishes. She is being so good. She does have a slight fever from the distemper shot, that may be another reason why she is being so mellow tonight.

Today seems to be a bad day for puppies, three having to be rushed in to the vet. Must be bad mojo today.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Poor thing hope she gets well soon. I always worry more about my cats hurting Holly than my older Chi since cats seem to go for the eyes.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi my goodness isnt she pitiful she just wanted to play and the cat took her down hope her little eye gets better soon

1 - 20 of 24 Posts