Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of any great products for baby chi's? I need to find some toys for him. He is sooo tiny, all the toys I got for him are way to big for him!!! What do you guys buy (bones, toys, rubber chews?)

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
I use certain McDonalds toys and baby toys for the girls,especially the ones with rattles,noises in. :lol:

·
Registered
36 Posts
sullysmum said:
I use certain McDonalds toys and baby toys for the girls,especially the ones with rattles,noises in. :lol:
I do the same thing! Around here on Tuesday nights Happy meals are half price, so for about a dollar and a half you can have a whole meal and a toy for your puppy...I ask for the "toddler toy" if the regular toy isn't right for a dog toy.

PS I have human kids too, which is why I know this. :wink:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Cat toys are usually really good; they're smaller than dog toys and soft so they won't harm their teeth.

Just make sure of two things: if you have a cat, get two and let the cat have first choice. And if there's catnip in the toy, take it out first. Most catnip toys come now where you can remove the catnip pouch inside and replace it easily. Fat Cat toys are both Cooper and OmaKitty's favorites, although Cooper isn't allowed to play with them anymore. :( He's moved on though.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i found a real small tiny stuffed frog from petsmart and my mom found a real small tiny squirrel from petsmart too. the squirell one is great it has a velcro tummy that has the squeeky part in it ans also comes with a replacement squeeker. kitty toys without catnip are great and also the one at petsmart that you wet and freeze for teething puppies is great.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I made rope bones out of strips of fleece and yarn.... Gadget loves his fleece ones.. he plays with them everynight.. The yarn ones he likes to play with when he is outside...

I also have stuffed baby rattles he loves them specially when you shake them.. he will zoom around..

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
angela_markovic said:
why is cat nip bad? i think lollio's fav toy has cat nip in it. how can you tell if theres cat nip or not?
Catnip won't hurt dogs but I suggested taking it out so they wouldn't find catnip sprayed all over the floor if the pup ripped the toy apart. Plus, if they do have a cat, the cat might try to claim the one the dog was playing with and leave the pup with nothing.

You know how cats are. :roll: They're the most important and stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts