Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took zola to the vet today becuz the last two nights he threw up and I couldnt figure out what I was doing wrong. I called the vet and she said to water down his dry food as it might not be digesting properly. So I get this and again he was sick so I wasnt taking any chances. I took him to the vet tonight and he told me the food I was giving him was far to rich for him. He says I wasnt to know as it is puppy food. He also said pedgiree puppy packs are no good.
He suggested I just give him really bland food til he is a little older like actual babies food, you know the liquid kinda stuff you get in the tins. He says always to go for meaty ones. So I got him one with meat and veg in it. He totally loves it.
He said when zola is a bit older I can put him back on his dog food but to mix it up with a tiny bit of mashed potato. His belly seems even better already.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Aww poor thing! I tried giving Dixie baby food after her 2nd hypo attack and she hated it! I gave her chicken and rice..Glad Zola is doing better!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I am glad that Zola is doing better and eating the babie food. :D
Do you know if baby food should only be given while sick or not eating or can it be given as a treat once in a while? I wonder if Peanut will like it as much as Zola does!

Yael

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
glad zola is doing better! i used to give chico the pedigree puppy packs when he was just a baby...but then he started hating them when i gave him a little bit of cesar puppy food, lol.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Thanks for mailing me about this Vicky :wave:

I'm thinking of putting Lexi onto baby food as well, I mean she eats her pedigree puppy food but sometimes it doesn't seem to digest properly and so her number 2's vary from day to day. :?
I don't like this so I think i'll put her on something less rich!

They should make puppy food that's specifically for Chihuahua puppies only!! This is so confusing, good thing we have knowledgeable vets eh! :lol:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know what you mean Iona it is sooo confusing and they should make specially puppy chi food cuz its all far to rich for there wee bellys

Peanut butter, I was told by my vet to feed zola baby food everyday. The type of food he can have can varie. Like maybe a casorle then maybe and chicken a veggie thing. My vet said to give him this 4 times a day in small amounts. Like maybe half a can to a small can every portion. He also has baby rusks for a tear. Not much for a treat I know but its not to rich for the belly :lol:

Always thank you Chico's Mama, he is much better

Only thing is, his poos are real good a solid now but they look like his babyfood which can be orange and yellow coloured, nice isnt it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts