Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so tired, can barely write hihi...my boy got a stick or a bush or something in his eye on a walk the other day..he looks blind on one eye now...can't open it fully..I have cleansed it with homemade saltwater..but it dosen't seem to get better...should I try chamomille tea instead?? Please help an old and tired mum...my boy is such a Bad Boy 4 life......ai ai aiii !!!

:foxes15:

·
Registered
247 Posts
I wouldn't mess with an eye issue, I'd go straight to the vet. Eye problems can turn bad fairly quickly if they aren't dealt with. It's just not worth risking blindness. As far as him looking blind now, it's possible that it's just the third eyelid covering the eye in protection due to the injury. But that would be up to a vet to see in person.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes ok, then the vets it will be...but what can they do? He will not let anyone see it I think hehe.. I will take a picture tomorrow...aiiiiiii having a Baby is a mess sometimes...I'm so tired now :) of it all..

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
I know it is hard for you both, but better they sedate him (if necessary) and check his eye than let it get ulcerated and risk losing it altogether.
Hopefully it is just a scratch and will clear up with some ointment or drops.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aiiiii...yes let's hope it's just a scratch...last time he had it, it healed itself fast :)

He is sleeping still, but I will take a picture when he gets up <3 thank YOU LADIES <3 YOU are the BEST <3

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
So glad it cleared up. My old vet told me one time that I wouldn't believe the eye surgeries she has to perform because of eye injuries. In a case like yours, they would put a numbing dye in the eye to see if it's scratched and if it is, she would give some kind of steroid cream to heal the scratch. Scratches to the eye can be painful and cause the dog to rub the eye causing more irritation and possibly more damage. It's always better to get an eye injury checked out rather than loose an eye.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Awww so glad baby is feeling better again! These little ones really know how to give us a scare. Tell Baby to stay away from those bushes!😋😘💋

1 - 11 of 11 Posts