Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty so, we weighed Britney a couple days back and she weighs 5 pounds!!! :shock: :shock: That's too much for her....especially if you see her legs...they're skinny.

My brother Joe calls her beetlejuice cause she has a big body and the little head :lol:

Anywho, if anyone can give advice on how I can manage to get her down a pound or two, I'd appreciate it!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Exercise. Cooper will drop weight like crazy if I get off my lazy tookus and take him on walks. That's why he's overweight. :lol:

Also, you may try switching her to a low-cal food. I'd consult with the vet before doing that though.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Does she like to play fetch? I know that's how Gizmo stays so skinny...the boy is constantly moving...LOL...

He is always either:

Trying to get you to play fetch with him
Running around the house with his toys
Running back and forth following you
Or just running for the heck of it

I suggest cut back on her food intake...Do you give treats? If you do I'd either take them away, or limit them...Gizmo gets one milkbone biscuit a day, but it's divided in like 4-5 pieces, and he gets those when he pees outside...other than that he doesn't eat anything except his food...

So get that girl moving! :D :D :D :wave:

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, Britney enjoys playing fetch....when she wants to of course. I know I wouldn't be able to just get one of her toys and be like "c'mon britney...get your baby!" and know that she'd run off and get it. She wants to do it on her Own terms.

As for being lazy and not taking her on very many walks...I can DEFINITELY relate to that!! :lol:

I don't really give Britney [dog treats]. Umm...and her food is available to her 24/7. I don't fill her bowl up 2 or 3 times a day...her food is just always there whenever she's hungry. Another thing, we always give her some of our food whenever we're eating...and she's a picky little brat. For instance, the other night, my brother Joe bought Burger King for me and I offered Britney half a fry and she didn't want it...about 10 minutes later, I bit off some meat,and she took that!!

I think having Butterfly around is Awesome because she makes Britney more active. There are even a couple of times where Britney has gotten energy within her and she'll start running around the living room table and going to my room, than my moms, than the living room, and do the same routine for 5 minutes more or less, and Butterfly will try to keep up with her.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
cut back the people food and only fill her bowl with the recomended amount of food, if you do that already then cut it back a small bit. since the recomended amount is just that, a recomended amount and some dogs have different metabolisms.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Oh absoultely....stop the the people food!!! Chi's are tiny...so that small fry or piece of burger...or little dorito...all add up...to CALORIES..

and not just to have her lose weight...for her health too...please...don't give her people food...especially Fast food :shock:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts