Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Baby got spayed today and thankfully it all went well! She's been really groggy since she got back and seems to find it difficult to move, but she's not crying or anything, she looks like she has stiff legs!

I've fed her some sardines and some chicken upon the vets advice, which she ate fine, and she's been outside to pee once so that's good too, just seems like I get a rest tonight from her crazy hyper activity! Bless her.

Here she is looking all forlorn :p

A closeup of the stitches for anyone who might be interested :)

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They do look really lumpy and messy, don't they?! I was thinking 'wow, they could have been neater' xD

They even shaved her belly all odd! Looks like she's had a bad haircut! But at least she's ok, which is the main thing!

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
I wasnt happy with Sullys untidyness, but we had her done by the PDSA who mostly are great vets and we were grateful to have it done as she had a vaginal prolapse so had to be done. This was 3 years ago and it still feels the same all scrunched up!

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Bella and I send hugs and speedy recovery wishes to Baby. We're glad everything went well with her spay surgery.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Awwwww! Feel better thoughts and hugs coming your way:)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Wow, I would think they would do the stiches neater. Is seems like they all tend to look like that.. I really feel for any dog to go through that, it not fun. But I am sure she'll be back on her feet soon :) HUGGSS

·
Registered
291 Posts
Don't get too concerned with how the stitches look right now. All of my dog's looked like, even Merlot's after his liver surgery. The stitches are pulling the skin in a bunch. When the stitches are removed the skin will be flat just as before.

Is she having them removed or are they disolvible ones?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Aw... good to see she came through with flying colors. Sasha's weren't that bunched up, but like others have said: Don't be too concerned about it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Oh really, hmm someone on here made a comment on after the stitches were gone it was lumpy. But I guess for some it get flat again.. hmm interesting..

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Kiffany said:
Don't get too concerned with how the stitches look right now. All of my dog's looked like, even Merlot's after his liver surgery. The stitches are pulling the skin in a bunch. When the stitches are removed the skin will be flat just as before.
Is she having them removed or are they disolvible ones?
They must have used the wrong ones for Sully then as hers are still like that under the skin and its 3 years later!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
awww Baby...poor girl.
I am sure she will feel like her old self very soon.
Give her a big kiss from me and the crew. XXXXXXXXX

1 - 20 of 28 Posts