Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was wondering if anyone can answer my question about baby teeth falling out (Sorry i ask so many questions) Well Riley is about 5 1/2 months old and a couple of his teeth have fallen out but not all of them especially in the front. Well today i noticed that his two top fronty teeth were being pushed forward by his adult teeth that were growing in. It really scared me so i called the emergency vet and they said to wait a couple days. But i just feel that he might be in pain. Has anyone experianced this, and if so did the teeth fall out on there own or did they have to get pulled. I dont know if it matters but he's a really small dog, 1.8 lbs, and i heard that chihuahuas that small sometimes have problems with all their teeth fitting in their mouth. Thanks a lot!
Jen

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Hi there, it's not uncommon for the deciduous (baby) teeth to be there at 5 months, normally by 9 months they are all gone, but if they are there at the time of the spay or neuter surgery (6-7 months) usually it is recommended to have them extracted at that time.

Having overcrowding in the mouth is not an emergency at that young an age, it's also not really painful. If you do notice pain and a drop in appetite, I would definately ask your vet if you should go ahead and extract the teeth.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me. -Nate

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Yes my girl just had 5 teeth pulled she had a load of teeth in there, double canine's etc, No more pinchy baby teeth :D , I am sure your baby will be fine!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts