Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys :wave:

I was wondering if all your babies BABY teeth fell out on their own or if you had to get them taken out at the vets?

Diesel has his two sets of teeth and only one (that i found) has fallen out, the rest dont seem to be moving :cry:

Thanks in advance :wink: xx

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
I only ever found one or two of ozzys, but they all came out by theirself usually when you go to get them neutered at 6 months they check then and take any out that are needed while they are under anaesthetic..........if you arent having him done then you could take him for a little check up just give him lots of chews and they should come out fine :wave:

·
Registered
217 Posts
:shock: What?? the puppy teeth will fall??

i did not know anything about that :cry:
When will that be? i mean around what age? I have to write write this down.

Sorry this is the first time i am going to have a puppy :oops:

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Yup LOL
Around 5 months.
I found about 6 of Sandys.
We were playing tug of war and out they would pop!
They didn't all fall out at the same time of coarse. It was over like 2 weeks time. I kept them all. I had to grab them real quick cause she wanted them. I don't know what she was gonna do with them though.

·
Registered
549 Posts
My vet told me that some chis do not loose those canine teeth and then you have to pull the baby canines (those are the long pointy teeth-2 on the top and 2 on the bottom). I have had to have all but one of my chis baby canines pulled. Some people do not worry about it, but I felt that is was another cause for tooth decay, so had them pulled. Great dental work for the dogs... :roll: :wave: But if they are not out by 8 months I would have the removed...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts