Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I have been advised by a couple of people to get Dr Bach Rescue remedy to help Lola with her nervousness and shyness around other dogs and people. I have heard it has had some amazing results. We are also seeing a great trainer and attending puppy classes. Do any of you have any experience with using this flower remedy and if so how many drops and how often should I give it to her? Should I drop it directly into her mouth? I know from my own experience though that it tastes disgusting!

Love Lucie & Lola :wave:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I just received a pet catalog in the mail on Friday from Doctors Foster & Smith - some interesting things in there. One of the products is called "comfort zone plug-in". It supposedly releases DAP (dog appeasing pheromones) in your home. They recommend you use it close to your pet's crate or an area where they spend a lot of time. It sells for $22.39 and refills arre $12.79. Supposed to last for weeks. They also have natural relaxant biscuits.

I want to point out that I haven't tried this, nor do I know anything about it except what I read in the catalog, but it sounded pretty good. They also had some really cute collars, leashes and harnesses at reasonable prices. Lots of neat stuff.

If you are interested, check out their website - DrsFosterSmith.com. Sorry, could get the link to work.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I have used Rescue Remedy with my cat, OmaKitty, because she is extremely skittish and nervous. I tried it after a horse breeder told me they used it with their horses when they traveled and it seemed to calm them down. OmaKitty gets carsick even on the 3 minute drives to the vet's office, so I gave it a shot.

I put a few drops in her water bowl every day for a few weeks before her appointment and, on the day of the car ride, I gave her some orally about an hour before we left.

I saw no change in her behavior, she still got sick and was a nervous wreck.

I have heard some wonderful things about Rescue Remedy but, in our case, it just didn't work.

I still haven't found anything that helps her in the car. Drugs just make her more sick (she's a conspiracy theorist and starts to freak out when they take effect) and all herbal things we've tried didn't help at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts