Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just got back from nice two weeks holiday in Cornwall with hubby and the girls ( Sully, Fynn and Rosie) but 5 days after we got there poor Fynn had a huge anal gland abcess, which we got sorted at local vets and still being treated by our vet here then late evening just as we were off to bed (before we came home the next day) poor Sully got a prolapse through her privates, thats sorted after an operation today.So glad they are both okay!

·
Registered
634 Posts
I'm so sorry Donna. Poor Sully and Fynn. I hope they are feeling better soon. BIG (((HUGS))) to you.

BTW, glad you're back!! Hope you had a great vacation...other than those two issues.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, kari a prolapse is when the inside comes out, ive been pretty stressed and cant really remember i think the vet said it was Sullys womb but im not sure now, but thank goodness it wasnt from her bottom as that is very dangerous.She had the pink thing like a gobstopper size put back inside her and has been stitched up with this plastic thing attached to her privates, onevery slim tube either side ouside her vagina, shes eaten now and had a small drink,but has yet to pee and poop.Fynns abcess burst after i to keep putting a finger hot/warm compress on it and then have been wiping with saline soloution,they are both on pain killers and anti biotics.They are going to spay Sully at a later date as she is just finishing her season aparantly it was caused by hormones? :shock:

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Bless them :( how old is Sully ?
one of my mums dogs had an anal gland abcess years back :( (it just came up over night !! ) not nice , but i'm sure fynn will be fine as she has you to take wondeful care of her ...

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Oh poor girls! I have had an abcess before so I know how painful they are, horrible! It's good that it has been drained. That stuff needs to come out.

I'm so glad they are o.k. now. A prolapse sounds really scary.

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
hiya welcome back wondered where you had gone was gonna send out a search party lol!
tyke had the anal abcess it litrelly came over nite i took him to vet all they did was tel me to keep it clean so i kept showering him and squeezing it and making sure all the bad stuff came out about 4 times a day he hated it but it really worked and healed real quick hope both your chis are ok now what a hol but was it good apart from that

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks yes we had a great holiday thanks but im not ever going away again too much stress :D

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
OMG I am so sorry to hear about sully and fynn. I will pray they make a fast and complete recovery. I have seen anal gland absesses at work and they look very painful, but tend to heal well if treated right away. I have also seen prolapses...did Sully get that fixed already, if not I will pray she goes through the surgery well.
Good luck Donna and keep us updated on their progress

1 - 20 of 25 Posts