Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yay! No appointments for anyone. I took them just to weigh them there for exact comparison from last Saturday.

Hope hit 3 pounds (48 ounces)! She is up 1/4 pound from last Saturday. She is 5 months and a week old (22.5 weeks).

Ruby hit 2.8 pounds (44.8 ounces) which is up 1/2 pound from last week! She is 4 months and 2.5 weeks old (20 weeks).

Neither had gained anything for almost a month and it had me worried. I am now GREAT with their weights and will not worry if they eat half their food serving and walk away (okay-Ruby would NEVER do this but Hope does)!!

Yippee! Looks as if both girls may end up similarly sized (maybe 4 pounds each??) although they look NOTHING alike shape or size wise. They are about the same height, but Hope is sturdier looking and Ruby is a petite/delicate frame. Oh! I am so happy they are gaining!

The only damper is that Hope threw up on the blanket in the car. At least I am not a nervous Nelly about her anymore and we cleaned up and moved on. The girl has had blood work, tests, specimens of every kind and other than her colitis is healthy as a horse (okay, a small pony!).

Thanks for all of your help/guidance/listening/patience and thanks for letting me share our little victory!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
thats nice! i have to take very soon! he hasnt had a check up every since i got him. but he seems fine and plays and walks just like a little silly pup. :)

and those girls are cute :)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
YAY!!! Im so glad Hope is doing better and gaining some weight:hello1: Wow...Ruby gained 8 oz in 1 week!! What a little piggie:D At least you dont have to worry too much anymore. Sounds like whatever your doing is working :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Wonderful news!! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
That is wonderful news! Sometime they are slow to gain, and then really hit a spurt. Both of them are right on track for their 5 month old growth spurt. Sounds like everything is going as it should. I would say that they may end up 1/2 lb. difference at full growth. Maybe 4 lbs. for Ruby, and 4.5 for Hope. : ) Lexie & Chance are like you mentioned. Both very similar in height, Chance just about 1/2 inch taller, but he's a lil over 1/2 lb. heavier due to him being a "fuller" body type.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts