Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had 4 dogs that needed to go in. I don't really recommend trying to go to the vets with 4 dogs but my daughter helped me handle the dogs and it was minimally stressful. Sherman barked like a crazy dog, he wanted to go play with all of the other dogs. Billy cried and Chumley howled a bit. Finally Billy crawled into the shoulder bag carrier with Babushka and refused to come out.

I had the vet determine Babushka's age. Babushka is 17 weeks old and weighs 3 pounds, 7 oz. She is built like a brick house. She's smaller than Twiggy, who weighs 2 pounds 14 oz, but Twiggy is all legs. So, while she may not get very tall, she is probably going to weigh a lot. Which is fine with me, I love her to death.

I also had her check out Chumley's legs. She thinks the front one is crooked because of the different growth rates in the long bones and should straighten itself out on it's own. But the hips are already showing some laxity and hip displasia. She think because of his small size it won't affect him too bad. She suggested walking him to build up muscle to help the hips stay in place. But if it continues to get worse, xrays are in order. So, I will be starting to walk him twice a day to build his muscle mass up.

They all took their shots so nice. Not one put up a fuss, not even Babushka. They all got praised for being such good chis. :) I thought I had a new home for Sherman, all the staff just fell in love with him. One lady in particular really loved him but her husband said no more dogs. Dang. They're all doing really well, no signs of reaction, thank goodness. I'm glad it's all over. Now I need to find homes for the puppies.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, scratch the walking Chumley part. I just got back from going to Petsmart and the grocery store, total about 1/2 hour of walking, and my previously shattered ankle is sending sharp pains up my leg and my calf is trying to cramp. I hate that I can't walk much anymore. It's so frustrating.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
4 dogs at one time you are brave glad you had some help and that all are doing well. Luckily I have 3 kids always wanting to take the dog for a walk heck they even harness up the cats every now and then and take them for a walk lol.. Hope you ankle gets to feeling better soon.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thank you. It's been three and a half years since I broke my leg and shattered my ankle. I'm afraid it's not getting any better than what it is. And most of my kids are special needs. The two that aren't, one boy doesn't like animals and my girl has her own two dogs, so that's out.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
And I bet its bad during cold weather too. Wow! I'm so sorry. Really I hope you can get back to feeling like walking good soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.