Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a fantastic time we had, everyone loved Bailey! He was so well behaved you guys, you would have been so proud of him! He was awesome with all the kids and tried to play with the dogs... but all they wanted to do was use him as a toy and obsess about his... neither regions. Dogs... what can ya do?!

Anyway, other then being teased by non-understanding large dog family members about Bailey having a god-forbid CARSEAT, and oh the insanity a STROLLER, not to mention he goes in a litter box... therefore he must not be a DOG but a "rodent" of some type... and the name calling and teasing that Bailey must be anything from an overgrown guniea pig, a giant rat, a wingless bat or "IT" a lot! ... Other then that, it was a lot of fun. I hate how the ones that owned large dogs said that we were "pathetic" that we did so much for a dog (of course that was when they were calling him a dog and not calling him some other stupid name) and that their dogs were just there to pretty much fend for themselves and that we baby Bailey too much. Why do I "baby my dog too much"... hmm, because he has a carseat to keep him safe, he has a harness to keep him safe... he has a stroller to keep him safe (we didn't even use it, but still got a crap load of grief about it) and he uses a potty box to again, keep him safe! Oh, also, because we bake his treats AND buy him $16.00 dollar dog food and not the Walmart special crap that's on sale every week at discount prices.... so the fact I care about my dog's safety and health inside and out makes me "BABY him too much" well then, so be it! ARGH.., ok, rant over.

Sorry... now, on to the pictures!!! lol

Just before we left, the car was packed so full! It was hot, he wasn't happy. lol

Cousin #1's dog - Keegan. She is a chi/pom/shitzu (spelling?)

Cousin #2's Pug, Charlie. He is a sweet dog, but way too rough for Bailey!

Cousin #3's dog - Beatles. He is cute, but tried to bite Bailey a few times. :(

Aunt's dog - Schnapps, he was a hectic handful! Sorry the picture is blurry.

Here is Bailey giving kisses to all the kids! :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Glad you're back! Looks like a fun time was had by all! Great pics. Bailey was a little doll, I'm so glad!

Brodysmom

·
Administrator
7,248 Posts
awwww kim great pics looks like you all had fun i know what you mean i get people saying oh its dogs youve got not kids cause mine go in a car seat in fact its very similar to yours its so annoying when they say it but i just answer them by saying i cant help it if i love and care for my dog lol it makes them think about it xxx

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
aw, kim, he was so cute...it sounds an awful lot like envy to me....;)

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
They said all those silly things because Bailey was the cutest one of the lot!! They were jealous! Go Bailey!

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone! :D

Bailey has been extra snuggly today, I think he is still tired out. My grandparents had the house at 85 degrees.... it was the same temp, actually hotter then outside. Gotta love cold old people! LOL ;) Anyway, we spent a good part of the time sweltering in the house, lots of water was had by Bailey and I. lol We have been relaxing in the central ac today, all of us are still worn out. Tomorrow though should be a much better day!

BTW ... hubby agreed that we can get Bailey a CHI SISTER sometime this summer!! I am on the hunt for the perfect little cream or apricot girl! :D

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Kim welcome back. I'm so glad you had a great time in your family reunion.
Bailey looks cute in all the pics. And your relative seems to like him. So I agree with the others there envy of you. :D

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He is still being called a RAT in email.... ARGH! Thanks everyone! :D

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
welcome back :D where did u guys go anyway? o_o; looks like he got along with all those kids! cooool :p but not too much of the other dogs though :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts