Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Sunday evening I noticed a tiny bald patch on Kirby's nose! Looked like a scratch - by morning it was a bigger bald patch!

Took him to my vet who thinks it is a bacterial infection!
He is on antibiotics for a week - back to vet next Monday!

I'm asking for good wishes for him please, Kirby has pancretitus & epi so it 'could' be and immune system problem, I'm praying it is just an infection!

Sara & Kirby Kid x

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Baby boy : ( Keeping you in my thoughts and Bijoux sends you good vibes. Hoping you just stuck your nose where it didn't belong

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you x
after 3 days of tablets i think his nose looks a bit better / its 100% not worse, so thats a good start.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Hope it heals quickly!!! Poor baby. I bet he's handling this better than you, huh?
They always seem so brave and strong, I think dogs have much higher tolerance
for pain than us. And only "freak out" when it is completely necessary.
I try to stay calm when my babies are hurt, but inside I always
over analyse and worry way too much. Hope you aren't stressing.
Sending good, healing thoughts your way!

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks LS, yes Kirby is happy and not worried at all - on the other hand I AM !!! Kirby is so very precious and as he was so poorly as a puppy he is rather fragile ..

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Well, that just proves to me yet again that you are a good, caring, loving owner/mama,
please keep us updated on how it works out. Hopefully it is nothing to worry about.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Woohoo! :)

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Kirby is fine - Vet is really pleased, there is hair growing on his bald patches :) :)

He has another week of antibiotics just to be sure and only has to go back if it looks bad again ... Happy me :) :) :)

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Kirby is fine - Vet is really pleased, there is hair growing on his bald patches :) :)

He has another week of antibiotics just to be sure and only has to go back if it looks bad again ... Happy me :) :) :)
That is wonderful news Sara...I pray the antibiotics clear up that infection 100% and Kirby doesn't have any more problems...that little man has went thru enough health issues already ! :love7:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts