Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have a 1 y/o female chi and the past couple of months her breath smells terrible. My son says it smells like power bait...the vet checked her mouth and said her teeth are sparkling white with no plaque. It's just her mouth that smells bad. She smells fine on her fur with no other odor. The dog biscuits don't help. She eats just the small kibble by Science Diet.

Anyone with any ideas. I'm thinking about buying "Thera breath" for doggies for her. We just adore her-this is the only problem area.

Thanks much,
Honey's mom

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
maybe try getting a dog dental kit...they come with a dog toothbrush, a finger tooth brush, and toothpaste. i brush Chico's teeth 2-3 times a week..it not only helps with bad breath, but also help prevent gingivitis and other mouth teeth/gum problems.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The vet did say that she still had some baby teeth that he'd pull when I have her spayed, but he didn't say they looked infected or anything. He said they looked real clean and white and without any plaque. She's such a delicious little dog and never has a doggy smell, but boy that smell in the mouth is nasty.

I just might try getting the doggy dental hygiene kit or the dogg Thera breath.
Honey's mom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts