Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little heart dog Finn was on my lap this morning . . . and I was back from hiking and wearing nylon windbreaker pants . . . and the poor little guy slid off my lap and landed hard on his side on the sunroom stone floor. He stood up completely surprised, then limped/hunched away as fast as he could like he had done something terribly wrong. I felt like the most evil dog abuser in the world. Lots of love and cuddling and apologies, and he seems to be fine (went back to playing within a few minutes), but oh I still feel horrible.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I've done that before! Makes you feel like they broke their ribs or something, but I have to admit that they're tougher than they look. Thank goodness for that. Glad he's o.k.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Awww. Glad he's ok. Once when Smoke was about 4/5 months old and had started his seizures stuff, he woke up on my lap, stood up and just walked off my lap before I could grab him and landed right on his head. He, too, ran off like he thought I did it on purpose. I had to chase him down, apologizing like mad. He was fine, thank goodness.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi thats such a sweet story ive found chihs to be such a wanting to please all time type of personality i guess thats why i love all chihs

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
O gosh I hate when stuff like that happens! The chis and I always seem to be accidentally bumping into each other too, good thing theyre very forgiving! Glad Finn is no worse for wear :)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Aw bless his heart. He was probably in shocked. Don't worry when i was at the park with the girls today Kizzie got tangled up around my legs on her leash and I stepped on her wittle paw =( She cried and I freaked out! I felt so bad but I swear these little dogs are so strong they continue on most of the time as if nothing happened lol

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Also so glad he is ok. (love his name too) He really didn't fall that far if you were sitting down, so he is probably just fine. But scares the bejeezus out of you huh?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
You're right! They are very forgiving! You can accidentally do something and they will always love you. Bless them for being so inlove with their mommy and daddies! <3

·
Registered
355 Posts
A week ago, my Kali (11 1/2 year old American Water Spaniel) was being difficult with her groom (nothing new) and wriggled off the table. Before I could grab her she hit the floor and the patio door like a 40 lb. sack of potatoes! I was so worried because of her spondylosis, partial ACL tear and seizures, I rushed her in to see her regular vet that afternoon and moved up her cold laser appointment with her other vet to the next morning. She was fine - still is - but it was scary! Dog moms come in all shapes, sizes and colors, but one thing is for certain - we're none of us perfect. Good thing they love us anyway!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the kind words, all. Finn is fine--I'm glad chis are apparently pretty durable and I'm not the only guilty Mom out there. I have been a "big dog" owner until just this past summer, when I got Finn. My Australian Shepherd is like a fully-armored HUMVEE--he can take almost anything. He and his German Shepherd sister still slam each other into the outside walls of the house so hard it echoes on the inside of the house! Now with Finn, even a book or mug on a coffee table is a potential danger! Love my little guy no matter what.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oh isn't it horrible when they fall like that! One time when I came home from school my toy poodle, Champ, was really excited to see me so he hopped up onto the back of a couch and then onto a desk, from there he slipped off the desk and landed on our hardwood. He layed there on his back with his tounge out for like 5 minutes while I freaked out and got my keys, and he started seizing. Rushed to the vet, x rays, fluids, and God-knows-what-else later the vet said he was fine?! That was many years ago though and he's only had a handful of problems later. Like I was playing fetch with my (very exuberant) Poodle Snowy and she turned around to run for the toy and slammed into him, he seized then too. Anyways, sorry for the ramble lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts