Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a terrible day yesterday. I woke up in the morning and headed to the shower only to find the entire bathroom covered in diarrhea. Bella uses the bathroom in our bedroom to do her business...thank goodness! She continued to have the bouts all morning so I called the vet and scheduled her an appointment to be seen. Mind you she hasn't gotten into anything that I am aware of and she hasn't eaten any new foods or treats so I don't know why this happened? And she was acting perfectly normal too and still is. I even took her temp yesterday during all this madness and it was normal????

The vet gave her some SubQ fluid so that she wouldn't get dehydrated and he also gave her some wafer like tablets to take for the next 5 days. He ran some test on her stool and they came back fine with the exception of some elevated bacteria. I have to call them again today to let them know how she is doing. They gave me the Science Diet ID to feed her for the next few days and she refuses to eat it. She doesn't like canned dog food and she never has! She eats hard kibble (CS) I have elected to boil chicken myself with some rice so she won't starve. She has already lost a few ounces. :( Is there anything else I can do?

She still had bouts this morning but held it great all night. Have any of your babies gone through this before? Any help would be appreciated. If she doesn't stop this in the next few days we are going to have her tummy x-rayed.

Leslie

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jayne.

So far she hasn't had another bout since 10:30 this morning so I am hoping she will get over this soon. It has been a little over 24 hours that she has been suffering from this.

I called the vet and told him that she refused the ID. He told me to boil white rice and just give her that in small amounts. I don't if she will eat it without shredded chicken in it though.... I am going to try to get her some in a bit and see how she does.

I got strict instructions to call Dr. Mac back tomorrow to give him an update.

I just feel so helpless right now. I just want her to get better. I am sure whatever she got into has to run its course...but dang!

Leslie

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Poor Bella... she feels like poo. (Okay, that was bad.)

I hope her tummy gets to feeling better very soon!!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Zola had this just a few days ago and has been to the vet who also told me to give him Chicken, boiled rice and brown bread. I think Zola will have to eat this permanently tho as his tummy just will not take to any type or dog food. I have tried all the recommended brands and everything is to rich for him. I don't mind giving him chicken and rice if it helps him. Only I am veggie, I hate preparing it so luckily my boyfriend cooks it. we have to buy chicken every 2 days, cook it then bag it up. It pretty annoying having to take so long to prepare his food but so long as it makes him ok, whatever it takes

I really hope your baby gets well soon, maybe she just needed a break in her diet or just had a bug, AT first my vet thought Zola had a bug as there was one on the go

1 - 7 of 7 Posts