Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I decided to be greedy and seek the serenity that I had while in VA and we went to the shore, (of course a military base) that allowed us to bring the dogs the last time. WELL we get there and Kemo will always bark at the people that come to the window etc etc and when on base naturally you are stopped and they check ID.....so Kemo and Bindi do nothing but sit there all quiet like good doggies :shock: meanwhile there is a BIG sign that says NO PETS ALLOWED. I looked at my hubby and steam was coming out cause I was mad to drive down there - get my butt up at 5 for NOTHING>>>>>>>>of course he wants to try and sneek, so we park the car etc etc and he checks out the beach and there are lifeguards so I said NO WAY are we gonna get by with this. :?

we decided to walk the dogs by the camper section and we got kicked off :evil: by some guy..........within 10 minutes

so off to Point Pleasant to buy more hermit crabs.....I got two in VA and one died and they need company so.........

Then we come home....some of you may know I have to care for my parents (fill up meds etc etc) they are on a waiting list to get into a smaller community with progressive care. Anyway a huge fight happened and I left in tears. I know my parents are getting old but I am having a problem with and the crap act my mother plays - its just getting worn out after 42 years - I always bite my tongue but I am not gonna be her doormat anymore to make me feel like a pile of poo!!!!!!!

I am still very upset mostly cause they are my folks and I want to help etc but they are making it hard on me. I do ALOT for them and I dont deserve the BS my mother dishes out......sorry I am rambling here - I dread when I have to speak to her again....I am tired of wearing a suit of armor. :evil:

But here are some pics of the day- as always my babies make me smile :D so ENJOY!!

Bindi looking cute and "hot"

Kemo curious about these gals

my new girls Dottie and Goldie (real original huh? :wink: )

checking their new home out

Shelly green (the one I had) meets Dottie

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Awwww I had three hermit crabs

Vincenzo (he had an italian flag on his shell...lol...and I'm not Italian!)
Madame Godiva (she was brown with gold shell)
Soraya May (she was Yellow with pink)

They died thought after one year....

I'm sorry about the parent issue, but glad you stood up for yourself. Sometimes as people get older they get even more difficult....

Your babies look adorable! :wave:

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Awww sorry your day wasn't as good as you had hoped for. :( Your crabs are really cute, and yes the names are very original! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Sorry you had such a bad day :( (((HUGS))) you know where I am if you need to rant some more or just talk.

Bindi and Kemo look as gorgeous as ever! Love the hermit crabs too! DO they paint their shells like that?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Sorry to had you had a bad day. When it rains, it pours, at least that's how it is for me. I can understand about your parents. It seems when parents get older, then get more picky and say exactly what's on their mind. You're doing a very noble thing by taking care of them. Sad that this day in age, many children won't care for their elder parents. I know if my parents, or my in-laws get old and need help, we'll be there for them and if need be, they could live with us as tough as it could be. Hang in there.

Great pictures btw. Your dogs are beautiful. :)

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Victoria... I am sorry that you didn't have a very good day....

I wish every where was for dogs...

I am glad that you got some really nice looking crabs... Do they paint the shells? I have never had hermit crabs before.. Are they easy to take care of?

Bindi and Kemo are as cute as aalways...

I dread the time my mom has to have help living..

good luck and God bless...

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Your hermits are so cute! of course so are Bindi and Kemo!
As for your parents, I don't know what would be worse, completely writing them off or continueing trying to help but being given a hard time. You don't deserve to be treated badly, that's for sure! :x

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
You know my mother was hateful till the day she died and there were times I didn't bite my tongue and take it. I've discovered I don't regret speaking up because a few times it even made her stop and think a bit. We can do the best we can for them but we don't have to be doormats while doing it either.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Tinker said:
You know my mother was hateful till the day she died and there were times I didn't bite my tongue and take it. I've discovered I don't regret speaking up because a few times it even made her stop and think a bit. We can do the best we can for them but we don't have to be doormats while doing it either.
Very good advice.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tinker said:
my bro and sis are saying the same thing but I am trying so hard to be respectful......normally I dont let people take me down but I guess after being mentally abused by her martyr acts its just a little too close. I love my father to pieces and when a "issue" comes up - I like to make peace for his sake but ........... I just wish my bro n sis lived closer. I carry the burden of everyday crap while they deal with the longer distance stuff......we are trying to get them ready to move to this home and they wont even let us clean out the house. WHO is gonna be stuck doing that when the time comes US and none of us have that kind of "time" They have 50+ years of "stuff" to weed thru..........

It may sound mean and I do love my mom but I think I will sigh a big sigh of relief when she goes.........its hard NOW? huh it will only be harder each year thereafter....I dont wish her gone, but it pains me to watch them deteriorate. I cant even have normal conversations with them :(
this is hard.....I only hope I go quick for my daughter and while I still have my wits about me, so she doesnt have to go thru this :(

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone!!!!!

For your hermie questions:
I am glad that you got some really nice looking crabs... Do they paint the shells? I have never had hermit crabs before.. Are they easy to take care of?
I guess people paint the shells, and hope they crawl in them, its up to the crab what shell they pick, you can sorta force a crab to do that but I would not do that. Now there are extra shells in there in case they want to switch-also they are work more than I thought as the last time I did this years ago, they died. You have to get the set up just right but after that its not hard....I hope these guys make it.

Nice crabs, lady.
why thanks Rach :wink:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Sorry for day turned out so crummy. On the bright side, Kemo and Bindi are as cute as always.

I know what you mean about aging parents. I lost my mom five years ago, and bless her heart she was one of the kindest, sweetest, most gentle people ever, right up to her last illness. My dad, however, has Alzheimers, and is getting increasingly difficult. Dad was 94 years old on July 3, and is now in a nursing home. Aging parents can become a real challenge I know.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
luv4mygirls said:
next time you are in point pleasent give me a ring!!! i'm like 20 minutes away.
ok cool 8) I need to find a beach that allows dogs? Know of any????

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Vic I am so sorry you are having a hard time with your Mom have you tried writing your feelings down in a letter and giving it her to read it usually gets in better that way than when you say it - just an idea

I love your crabs and I love their shells they are beautiful :wave:

And kemo and Bindi are beautiful as always

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
As you are well aware...being the " sandwich generation " can be very stressfull...hopefully your parents will get into assisted living soon and that will ease up some of your burden...there is nothing wrong with stating your feelings...if someone is taking advantage of your helping nature, they should be told...have no regrets !

I hope you find a place to take the chi's swimming ( or crabbing ) soon...!

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
KB mamma said:
luv4mygirls said:
next time you are in point pleasent give me a ring!!! i'm like 20 minutes away.
ok cool 8) I need to find a beach that allows dogs? Know of any????

8) but of course ;) i haven't checked it out yet but i plan too and if i like it i'll use it for one of the meet ups.

Island Beach State Park
off Route 35
Seaside Park,
New Jersey 08752
732-793-0506

Map

There are certain restrictions for pets on the beach. During the summer, dogs on a 6 foot or less leash are allowed on the beach, but not on the designated swimming beaches. Ask the ranger when you arrive, as to which part of the beach allows dogs. During the off-season, dogs are allowed on all of the beaches, but must be on a 6 foot or less leash. People are required to clean up after their pets. To get to the park, take Route 37 east. Then take Route 35 south to the park entrance.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts