Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby wanted to make Bailey a teething biscuit, so after a few tries, he came up with this! They dry HARD, and Bailey loves them! They seem to get his need for chewing under control! :D

·
Registered
621 Posts
lol thast neat, can i get the recipe from you!?!?! nadia is chewing on my cords now...:( already chewed threw my headphones, and i don't want her to start on anything else lol!! PM me it if you can!! thankkks.

btw, bailey is so adorable.

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Heheheh he looks like he loves it.
Is he and your hubby good now?

Can i get the recipe too please. :)

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure, the recipe is just any jar of baby food (check ingredients) we use the Gerber Naturals. Mix 1 egg with the baby food and add flour, mix until until the consistency of Play-Doh, shape into sticks and then bake at 350 for 20 minutes. :D

Let them sit over night in the oven to get hard. If you want them chewy, take them out and put in container. Have fun!

He is coming out of his fear faze with his dad, for the most part. He is still acting funny at times... but over all, its back to normal.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Ooooo watcha got there Bailey? Looks nice :)

Babyfood sticks that is such a genious idea! He certainly looks like he's enjoying them thats for sure.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
What a great idea for treats! Bailey is so adorable eating his new treat.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Banana was a better guess than the one I came up with. I thought it was a taquito. I might have to make a few of them for Saint.

He likes to "dig", whether it's between my pants and chair, or his bed (he's chewing the corners out of it BTW) Just loves to sit there and dig at things.

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are very easy to make, we even picked up 2 new flavors of baby food tonight to try new ones. I can't wait for him to try them! :D

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Great idea. I'll have to try them too. My cousin gave me a "recipe in a jar" thing this Christmas. It was to make doggy biscuits (she got me the tiniest little bone shaped cookie cutter too!!). Unfortunately no one in the house would eat them. And I have one of those that will eat darn near everything (shepard mix). It was so funny to see her spit it out. We'd toss another up for her to catch, and she wouldn't even catch them. lol

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We just bought a bone shaped cookie cutter tonight too! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
thk you for the recipe!! im gonna try it my two chihuhuas are also going through a chewing frenzy there chewing my phone cords ,so im gonna try this thk you , also what in the baby food isnt good for the chis?

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
also what in the baby food isn't good for the chis?
That would be onion or onion powder! I was SHOCKED to see that the first baby food jar I picked up had that in it!!!

I have no idea why its in there to begin with, I can't even imagine feeding a little baby onion or onion powder.... :tard:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Re bailys new treat

Ok so i went to the chemist and brought baby food . They are now cooking in the oven.
While i was there i picked up bikkipegs and have tried dodge on 1 of them . He really enjoyed it but i was a bit concerned when he did get to the end of the biscuit he had a small piece left i had to take it off him incase he choked.
Am i worrying unnessisarily?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts