Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bailey seems to be constipated. She went a teeny tiny bit yesterday and today nothing.I was trying to switch her to THK but she would not eat it so went back to wellness and all seemed fine yesterday but She would not eat her breakfast today and when I took her for a walk, she tried to go twice but only a drop of clear liquid came out. Is there anything I can do to help her? Should I take her to the vet?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was feeding keen. I added water to the mix and did add a little turkey to it. She only ate it twice and then turned her nose up on it.She ate breakfast and dinner yesterday but not today. She does have problems with gas and that is how she is acting but usually does not get constipated. Wed. was her last normal poop. She has never had yogurt so unsure how she would handle it. I did just give her some pumpkin which she was not happy about(does not want to eat).

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I she can tolerate dairy, I would mix 1 tablespoon plain yogurt in with her keen. When she acts like she's ready to eat, give her the Keen. Leave it down for a few minutes & if she still doesn't eat, put it in fridge & try again later. Warning: Don't leave the Keen sit out too long if she's not eating it because it has alfalfa in it. She may not feel like eating right now. Give her a little time.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
i use Flaxseed oil when i have had rescues Puppies or kittens that have been constipated, i have some in the fridge at all times , it works wonders :) , i had one 2 week old kitten in so much pain from being constipated i thought he was going to die , within 2 1/2 hours of giving him 1ml he had gone to the toilet 5 times and was back to his normal little self :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts