Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, after a long and extremely emotional day, we are home!

When we dropped Bailey off this morning I was in tears, as they took him into the back room, he whined for me and I just lost it! I cried all the way home, then once we got here, it was too much for me to be here looking at his stuff and knowing he was in surgery. So hubby took me out for an attempt at lunch, which I couldn't even eat and the smell made me dry heave! So then we walked the mall and spent some time just out and about. It helped quite a bit not being home with all of his stuff and no puppy kisses!

Anyway, he weighs 3.5 pounds and is healthy! With my roof problems, I just couldn't afford the teeth today and he might not even need them removed at this point. We will have to wait for the chipping. He is a bit groggy right now and sleeping on my chest. He is whining a lot, but they gave him a pain shot before we came to get him... so I don't think he is in too much pain. He sounds congested, which worries me! He also won't keep his tongue in his mouth, but I started dipping my finger in water and he slowly licked it off. He is coming around a bit and now drinks little bits. :)

I just gave him a little bit of cottage cheese, I don't think they fed him!!!! We brought a little baggy of his Wellness and told them we wanted him fed as soon as he could be... but I think they removed a few kibbles and didn't actually feed him! I don't know for sure though. GRR!!! He really enjoyed that and got really mad at me when I took it away after he gobbled down a couple bites. I don't want him to get sick, so I will offer him more in about 20 minutes.

Anyway, he is home and safe and now begins the healing! I plan to hold him as long as he needs me tonight. :D I still feel guilty for having this done, but I know it was for the best!

Here are some pics... sorry about the graphic ones... but can anyone tell me if it looks "ok"? Did your dogs look like that??? :(

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Zoe, my red fawn, does the tongue thing too...maybe it's a redhead thing..glad he's home. I'm a basket case too when mine get spayed. :)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Awe poor baby and such a caring Mommy :) He should heal up just fine and it won't hurt a bit to spoil his darling little self but ofcourse I am sure hes already getting loads of lovin. You are such a wonderful Chi Mom.

PS: He is a gorgeous Chihuahua boy!!!

It looks really good and clean, when it starts healing in the next few days it will bruse and itch like crazy but it is just part of the healing process :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Oooo that looks so saw :(
glad it went ok though :)

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
they let him go home with all that blood on him? My dr would have flipped if we let an animal leave the office like that!

Did one testicle not drop? That's how jaspers neuter looked

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He isn't bloody, just red. The one picture cropped darker then his actual wounds color. It isn't as blood red as that picture!!! Both of his testicles were dropped, they had already dropped at 6 weeks. :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
He just looks a little bruised, but it looks OK. I bet he will be running around by tomorrow! :) Glad he is home and doing well.

Brodysmom

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He looks so stoned in the pics... he is already starting to play a bit. We bought him an E-collar this afternoon, so if he starts messing with his wound, he will be sporting a satellite dish.... and yes, there will be pics if it comes to that! :p

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Here's a picture I just took of Brody's incision. This would be the 10th day post op. So you can see that you can't hardly tell anything was done after it heals! His is completely sealed and healed and he recovered fine. I'm sure that Bailey will be the same! :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
so why does he have a high scar on his belly?
It's not a scar, that's just like a little ridge of skin! Weird, huh. It goes away when he's walking around, but if you hold him upside down, you can see a little ridge of skin that goes from the end of his penis straight up to the base of his sternum.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
LOL... Dog peen... the wound looks pretty small and not too bruised.

The tongue thing is normal. It was still just relaxed after the drug. All mine have done that after surgery.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Aww, he looks so pooped out! He'll be coming round soon :) I am so glad to hear that everything went good and that you have your baby back home!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I saw nothing on Pacos incision it looked great there was no redness or bruising. It's been three weeks and 1 day and I can't even see the incision it was just a tiny dot.

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
He keeps going to the potty box and running out, whining and going back.... what is wrong? Can he not go??

1 - 20 of 32 Posts