Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went into the vet today to get more heart worm pills and I popped him on the scale (with his Puppia, tags and leash on) and he was 3.2 pounds... BEFORE his neutering on March 27th he was 3.5 pounds. The boy eats Wellness and tons of treats a day... WHY is he losing weight??? The vet says he looks healthy, he has great muscle tone and he is perfect for his size, but why is he losing weight? I am worried about him!!!! Is this normal?

Here are some pics today, some good sunny ones while sitting on daddy. Don't worry, we weren't driving down the road. We just left PetSmart. :)

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
He looks amazing in those photos. The vet told me they might eat less after neutering - and my boys certainly have cut what they eat in half since they had it done - so maybe it's that?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the weight loss too much. It's that time of year when the devil comes out and pups like to run wild! He is probably just getting more exercise. Also he could be loosing some of his baby fat and leaning out (oh God Kim, our boy is growing up). He looks like he has that demon twinkle in his eye! Silly boy.

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL so, you do see that the boy is a little demon.... see, I am not crazy! LOL

He did very good on his walk today, we are working with him walking WITH us, not ahead of us. Its a battle for sure, but he did good after about an hour of protest. He has been sleeping since we dropped him off a couple hours ago to go shopping, he is still sleeping. lol

Did you all see his pretty flower picture? I put it on the contest forum! :D

Yes, my little baby boy is becoming a stubborn little man... someone pass me a snuggly lil puppy please.... ;)

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm, well it will be a long wait... hubby is not happy with Bailey's potty issues. He said that we won't be getting ANY new puppy until the boy is done with his potty training. :( But... if someone wants to sneak me a lil puppy.... LOL

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Hmm, well it will be a long wait... hubby is not happy with Bailey's potty issues. He said that we won't be getting ANY new puppy until the boy is done with his potty training. :( But... if someone wants to sneak me a lil puppy.... LOL
I feel you. That's why my hubby's decision changed on another. He got annoyed with the barking and told me to get a handle on the two first. Pah! We'll see!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Barking shmarking! Small hurdles to overcome! Another would only be of benefit as you would be able to train them all in one shot and not have to start all over again with a new one!!!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Ha!Ha! The last pic of Bailey with his tongue out, reminds me of his baby pic on your siggy.
I hope he's alright. Did you mention to your vet about his potty situation? It's probably just a phase. Your vet said he looked good, so I wouldn't worry. :)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I swear that I'm not being funny or crude, but is it possible that what he lost during the neutering could equal out to .3 ounces?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I am sure if the vet isn't worried he is fine.

Bailey might be more active now that it's starting to warm up..Chloe tends to get thiner when the weather is nicer... In fact I hope she looses a little of her winter weight haha

·
Banned
5,224 Posts
After we lost Honey and Rosie came to live with us, Jago looked thinner, though I'd not noticed him eating less. I took him to vet for check up and he had indeed lost a bit...can't remember how much.

Vet checked him and said he seemed fine, but to keep an eye on weight.

Weight has stayed pretty constant since and we think he lost a little because Rosie is more active than Hun was and Jago has followed suit!

Barbara x

1 - 20 of 24 Posts