Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped Bailey at the vets 2hours ago to be neutered and I'm worried sick. He was so scared and kept looking at me as if to says "what's happening to me?" it's going to be a very long day. I couldn't even answer any of the questions the vet nurse asked me because I don't know any of his history. I just feel bad even though I know it had to be done. Fingers crossed everything will be fine x

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I know it's awful when they look at you,i try not to look and run out the door.He's probably asleep now after his pre med .He'll be fine

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes, I am sure he will just fine. I know how it feels. Just awful. But he will be back to his happy old self in no time. I will be discussion if i am to do the same with Locco with my vet on Saturday...i can't make up my mind...

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, bless your heart, I know just how you feel! They look at you like you've abandoned them. He'll be fine and back home before you know it.

Hugs,
Jeanette
Thanks, he was shaking all the way in the car, I thinks it's because usually if we go anywhere in the car Charlie is there x

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I am sure he will just fine. I know how it feels. Just awful. But he will be back to his happy old self in no time. I will be discussion if i am to do the same with Locco with my vet on Saturday...i can't make up my mind...
Thanks, yes I do feel awful! They do the sad eyes look so easily and it makes me feel so guilty. How old is locco? X

·
Registered
251 Posts
I know how you feel i got my little poppy spayed about a month ago,you will be worried till they are home with you,but he will be fine you can spoil him tonight with a chicken dinner.x:)

·
Registered
118 Posts
I am a vet, but I am sick worried with my pets !!!! I am not their vet lol
But do not worry, for the boys it's much easier and simpler (for all kind of boys lol)
Let us know how he is after that...

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great! Let us know how he did.
The vet said everything went well, he's snuggled in his bed now feeling sorry for himself. He's had a good drink and some lovely chicken! We have to take him back on Saturday to be checked, hopefully he will be back to normal in a few days! X

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am a vet, but I am sick worried with my pets !!!! I am not their vet lol
But do not worry, for the boys it's much easier and simpler (for all kind of boys lol)
Let us know how he is after that...
I've worried non stop all day! and he does look worse for wear but I think that's quite normal for anyone after anaesthetic. He's perked up a little since we got home at 5.30 but he still hasn't done a wee. I took him out a little while ago and he just stood there so I brought him back to his bed. How often should I take him out to go potty? X

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can so sympathize. Males are much easier than females. I have my first female to have done in July. =:eek: My poor little angel.
It really is worrying! Good luck when the time comes, I hope everything goes as it should for your little angel. My mum has a bichon friese (sp?) that she will be having done shortly and her dog is a girl. I've read lots of things saying it's easier for males, I was still worried sick! X

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Your little darling will be just fine. I've had two males done, and my one little fella couldn't have been much over three lbs. when he was done. OMG... I couldn't stand it. I sure could have saved myself a lot of worry, they both did so good. :) My other male is a rescue and was done before we got him.

Thank you very much for your well wishes. And I do wish your little buddy all the best for a speedy recovery, and for mommy not to have a nervous breakdown! ;)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your little darling will be just fine. I've had two males done, and my one little fella couldn't have been much over three lbs. when he was done. OMG... I couldn't stand it. I sure could have saved myself a lot of worry, they both did so good. :) My other male is a rescue and was done before we got him.

Thank you very much for your well wishes. And I do wish your little buddy all the best for a speedy recovery, and for mommy not to have a nervous breakdown! ;)
Lol! Thank you! X

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hi just checking in to see an update hope hes back to playing and happy
Hi, thanks for asking. He's still really quiet and grumpy, he just keeps growling if anyone but me goes near him, so I'm just letting him rest away from everyone. I've had to separate him from my other dogs. He looks really depressed poor little thing! Hope he gets back to normal soon x

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hope he will perk up very soon. Soon will be my girls and I know I will be worrying sick like you did. :(

JFYI, my vet warned me to have a little grumpy boy back when he has his normal procedure because that is a "man thing" and the boys usually feel so sorry for themselves for days, like men having man flu. Mine didn't bounce back at least 3 or 4 days time but he managed to growl at everyone and trying to be the top dog (which now he lost the position as one of my girls is in charge of everything now)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts