Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple pics I took of Bailey's first snow experience... yeah, its inside... too cold for him to go out in it yet. Next year though! :)

Don't mind me ... uh ... exposing myself... I had no idea that my shirt was down that low, and of course my wonderful observant husband didn't let me know! Also, the shirt is my painting shirt... don't mind the stains. LMAO

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He couldn't get enough of it! Hubby had to go out and get him more after he ate that little snow ball... he was sniffing for more! Of course then he pee'd like 3 times! lol

·
Registered
272 Posts
He is a SUPER cutie!!
Why don't you let him go out in the snow? Does he not potty train outside? (not questioning your decision just asking because I was surprised that he didn't get to go out in it:))

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He is a SUPER cutie!!
Why don't you let him go out in the snow? Does he not potty train outside? (not questioning your decision just asking because I was surprised that he didn't get to go out in it:))
Nope, Bailey is a potty box dog! We have too many big dogs that are allowed to run around freely here and even if I was out with him, I feel its too dangerous for him to be outside to potty... at this point in time. Not to mention, he isn't vaccinated against everything plus he hasn't had his parvo vacs, and that is another reason that he hasn't been on the ground outside. After his vacs and everything (likely in the spring) he will be allowed to go outside.

By then he will be in better control (fingers crossed) and he will be able to control his body better to run away from any sort of danger, where as right now he rolls over and kicks his legs when one of my cats raises her paw... then after a little bit he will run to me for safety. In that short time that it would take for me to get to him, a big dog would already have hurt/killed him. At this point in time, I don't feel he is ready... neither am I.

I have no issues with him using his box, especially now that its getting cold and icy. I have a bad hip and really can't go up and down icy steps (risking a fall) several times a day to be out with him. His box is cleaned every night and every time he poops it gets flushed. So far we have had no stink problems and besides, he is doing awesome at going in the box! We can go 2-3 days with out an accident. :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Ok, gotcha, I was just curious. As I think everyone gets I don't live in the states anymore(am american though) and here it's unheard of to let dogs go on a box or peepads more than just during potty training. I'm always curious as to why people don't take there dogs out.
He is truely one of the cutest little chis i've seen:)

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Awwwwwwwww...........He is so cute and gorgeous! I love Bailey too.

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You guys are sooo sweet!!! You make me all giggly n' stuff! hehehe

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
o my gosh.. he is so fricken cute... you better watch out i may come to steal him hehehe

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOL noooo stealin the boy! Your more then welcome to come and love on the boy, but nooo stealin! :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts