Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I can't afford at this time to buy Bailey a seatbelt or carseat, I decided to make one myself. It turned out great, is incredibly strong (hubby was pulling on it with the intent to destroy it) and works awesome! Thought I'd share with you. :D

Please don't mind my dirty car (or Bailey's travel potty)... my godson's make a mess back there! lol

I can't jump out and I can't jump to the floor!

I don't mind making them for anyone else if there is an interest, but I assume NO responsibility in the event of an accident! Just throwing that out there. :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Wow, you crafty people make me jealous! Great job!

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I am quite proud of it myself. I am very confident that it will hold up in a crash, but can't be 100% positive because its not been "crash tested". However, I know what all I put into this, and I feel comfortable with it. I would never intentionally put my baby in danger!

He needs to have a proper restraint in the car, and being up front just doesn't work. We put him in his carrier and gave that a try, all he did was dig the crap out of it and just about ruin the mesh. I had to give something else a try, so far this works! :D

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Baily is so adorable, especially in that last picutre. Just too cute!

Tell me a little about his travel potty though. Is it like a litter box?

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What a great idea! Good job too. I like it. :D
Thanks! :D

Baily is so adorable, especially in that last picture. Just too cute!

Tell me a little about his travel potty though. Is it like a litter box?
Thank you! :) His travel potty box is just a litter tray inside a hard plastic carrier. It goes with us to visit friends and what not, when he has to go he gives me the little "mom I gotta potty whine" and look, and we take him to his box, he goes and all is good! It works great! He doesn't like going potty outside... he gets scared I think. lol

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Wow what a fantastic idea.. I love it... Bailey is darling

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Kim, that is great! You are so creative. What is it made out of?
Bailey looks like he is happy with his seatbelt.:)

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone, I was wracking my brain trying to think of something to restrain him safely, that I could afford to make. In the event that we get to go to the family reunion, its such a long drive and I just couldn't see him not restrained. Anyway, I am so happy that I came up with that, its going to work great! Bailey rides around in the back seat with just a little whining at first, but then settles in his blanket and chews on his toys. lol

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Kim you are so talented. That belt looks great. And Bailey seems ok with it. :)

But Can you post pic of the potty box. I never thought about it. and it's so useful if traveling.

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone! :)

Fadhila, I will get hubby to get a picture of it later today. Its really just a litter box that we slipped inside a hard plastic carrier. Its nothing fancy, but its very convenient! The carrier has a handle for carrying, plus a longer handle and wheels for pulling. The litter box is just a small box that we slip inside the carrier and contains litter. When he has to potty, we open the carrier door, he walks into it, does his thing, and then comes out for his praise and/or treat.

When we go to visit friends/family, the carrier comes in with us and sits where they would like us to place it, Bailey lets me know when he has to potty and we go to that designated place. (if they don't want it in the house, we know that we just have to go to the car) My friends/family love the idea and feel better about Bailey coming over, because no mess in their yard and no mess in their house. We have done this since we brought him home, its never gone wrong! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts