Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been seeing this question pop up a lot lately and just wanted to share our experience with Zoey with you

The bald neck/chest/head is called "Pattern Baldness" Pattern Baldness Information
There is no treatment/cure for it. However Zoey has it and I had some success with growing some hair in using "The Missing Link" supplement, I use the Plus Professional/Veterinary Strength formula, I give her 1/2 a teaspoon as she only weighs 4#, so the bag lasts just 1 dog forever Keep in the fridge Here is where I get it: Missing Link Plus for Dogs, Professional Strength, Veterinary Formula, 1 lb - Pet Meds
Here she is before:

Here she is after (this picture was taken about 2 months after being on it)

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I wonder if that would work for ninja but I'm thinking not he's alot more bald from the neck down no hair at all Top of head bald spots I guess it would be worth a try I wonder if I can get it in canada

·
Registered
787 Posts
Man, Zoey just looks amazing. No tear stains, no red feet, bright white coat all over... you've worked wonders!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Thanks so much for this link! My Pepper is bald in all those spots. I've asked the vet a few times and she was baffled. I'll have to try this!

·
Registered
768 Posts
This is amazing stuff! Lola has a bold spot on her chest which comes and goes! Thanks for the link :D x

·
Registered
32 Posts
I need help! I have a 4 year old that is a light taupe color, almost a gray tint to her, w/ tan markings who is short haired and a female named Chiquita and she is completely bald on her head, I mean no hair at all! She looks like Ray's father on that T.V. show, Everybody Loves Raymond, This winter she lost a lot of hair on the sides of her body, VERY thin. The only part of her body that still has thick pretty hair is the back of her neck and down to her shoulders and on her lower back to her tail, everywhere else the hair is so thin, she looks terrible! She also has dry flaky skin, and gets these tiny red bumps on her body. I took her to the vet they said probably not mange, they did a thyroid test, it was normal. I switched her food to By Nature because I thought it was maybe food allergies, but so far nothing is working. What could it be? Has anyone else experienced this or know what it might cause her to be bald and thinning out? I want her to look pretty again. Can you help me? :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
wow the fur is all grown in! i am going to try this stuff for my bald baby girl, Gidget. Her little legs and chest and neck and temples are naked.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Emmi has hardly any hair on her neck from her collar area all the way to belly. And Bailey is also kinda bald on her belly and behind ears. I just thought it was normal. Maybe I should give it a try!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi. I am a mom to a nearly completely bald chi named Sancho. Believed to be genetic hair loss. I have been giving missing link skin and coat. I recently bought a hair regrowth spray to give it a try and it works!!!!! I have been using for about 2 weeks and he has hair growing back ALL over. the spray is named Dermacton and it is all natural. It does have a very strong scent but is worth it for the results. Here are some links to websites that have it.

Dermacton Spray for itchy dogs

100% Guaranteed ALL NATURAL treatment for dog itching skin conditions

Photos

I will post before pic and 2 weeks pic of my chi chi so you can see the progress. any dog with hair loss hotspot demodex etc i would give it a try!!!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Audrey has this and is completely bald from her chin all the way down her underside. I actually think its so cute. Since since I know it isn't hurting her. Sophia has it as well, her chest and tummy are bald and a portion of her neck. Altho Audrey has is worse.

·
Registered
277 Posts
These r pics of Sancho as of today. I have been using Dermacton for 12 days exactly.
Wow, those are some awesome results! Did Sancho have irritated skin, was he itchy, or did he lick a lot? The product seems to be geared for it and I'm just wondering if your dog had those issues or if he was just super baldy from whatever other reason.
Why I ask is because Brew is very baldy on his chest, neck, tummy, and legs but he doesn't seem to have irritated skin or any itchy/licking issues. I'm wondering if I should get this for him-- he gets cold here and it's summer, I'm worried about him come fall/winter :/

1 - 20 of 29 Posts