Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buckley has a bald spot on his neck (front) where his collar is. He always scratches his neck and I noticed the bald spot so I took his collar off to look better and it's a nice size spot so I left it off to see what would happen. Could he be allergic to his collar? He hasn't scratched since I took it off. He doesn't act like it bothers him. I put his harness on him when he goes outside

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what it's made of. It doesn't feel rough or stiff but it could be from that. Gonna see if I can find him a different type

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Many chi's have bald necks. I thought it was a collar causing Brody's neck baldness too. Turns out it is a form of alopecia (pattern baldness). Super common in Chi's. You see it start on the neck, then the chest becomes very sparse, the whole belly and down the inside of the back legs. Some even bald up the sides, between the ears, etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Many chi's have bald necks. I thought it was a collar causing Brody's neck baldness too. Turns out it is a form of alopecia (pattern baldness). Super common in Chi's. You see it start on the neck, then the chest becomes very sparse, the whole belly and down the inside of the back legs. Some even bald up the sides, between the ears, etc.
He looks like my Percy who also has a bald spot under his neck and his underarms are bald.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts