Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just noticed that my Sally Lolita has some bald spots on her back and one leg. I rubbed one and all the hair fell off...I don't know what that could be. I'm guessing maybe cus i changed her food or b/c I brought her from El Salvador to Quebec no more than a month ago. She had this amazing coat before moving here. I was always talking to people about how shiny it was and people were always complimenting her as well. I have only washed her once since she got here. It could be the shampoo too...I really don't know. I was wondering if someone has gone through this and if they can give me any advice. I already made an appointment with the vet for tonight at 7:30.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bald spots

Well, I went to the vet last night, they took some blood samples and they did a skin scraping. She said they were not mites or any other kind of parasite. It is a skin infection due to a bateria, She said the bacteria is usually present on the skin but it doesn't develop in an infection. She said she might have developped it because of the stress from the trip/change of environment. She prescribed some antibiotics ( 0.5 ml of Clavamox for 2 weeks. Mornings and nights).
Sally Lolita will be 6 months old on the 9th. She's 4 lbs now. I had Chiquitita checked too, and she is fine. She will be 6 months on the 20th and she's 3.5 lbs. I also had them both microchipped last night.
The bill came up to CAN$421. Ouch! but I don't regret it. I just want to make sure they r fine.
Sally lolita seems to be ok. She's not itching and she plays, runs, eats and sleeps as usual. The vet said we just have to wait and see how she will react to the antibiotics.
Thanks for ur concerns.
Armando

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
my pointer used to get staph infections all the time, it would start out with a little itching then she would loose hair. i would have to give her medicated baths and antibiotics to get rid of it....

glad it wasn't mites! that is tricky to get rid of sometimes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts