Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning.

I feel like I've bit hit by a train. By the time Andrew got back with her and we held her and cried like fools, it was about 3:30 am. She just put her little head on my shoulder and went to sleep. At certain times through the night I could feel her heartbeat and pulse slow down and I would lean down and kiss her head and it would speed up. Amazing. I am so glad I had him get her. She has a big morning so we'll see what happens. Of course, I'll keep you all posted. I know I'm repeating myself but the love and support from all of you is overwhelming. The few times I woke up to check on her, I almost forgot it happened. Like it was some bad dream or something. Than the whole night and days events came flooding back to me and her raspy little breathing reminded me that this is not a dream. I don't believe she is any real amount of pain. That is also what the Dr. told me. She is resting comfortably enough, especially when she got back home. Andrew also was so glad I woke him up to go and get her. Whatever happens today, we got a night to hold her together and mourn the days events. I know certain people think we are crazy sometimes but I could actually feel her slipping away from me and my touch and love brought her back. You guys have kept me going and from the bottom of Bambi's heart, we thank you. Whatever happens today with her tests, is meant to be. I am not going to push anything that doesn't feel right. She is so skinny. Her little ribcage is sticking out. She lost 2 oz. yesterday. The fight for life continues... I could just lay here and hold her forever.

Love and Much Appreciation,

Robin, Andrew and Bambi

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aww!! could we get a pic of the baby? just to tie us over?

i'm soooo glad that she made it threw and is hanging in there
Absolutely, I'll do that right now. Thank you again Kioana, for your support and defense of me. It's so appreciated right now.

·
Banned
5,224 Posts
Just checking in before friends arrive, I'm keeping a candle burning for Bambi. My husband is off work today and has just asked if I've heard how she is :)
I will update him now.

Much love,
Barbara x

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Absolutely, I'll do that right now. Thank you again Kioana, for your support and defense of me. It's so appreciated right now.

oh no biggie! i'd do it for anyone that was bashed and didn't ask for it.
But take care because if you crash then who will stick up for Bam? so eat somthing ,sleep take a minute for you and her:daisy:

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The first one is a picture of Bambi on Sunday or Monday. She was perfect. Eating, drinking, playing, biting Cooper's nose, sneaking Andrew's pizza. Picture perfect health.

The next one is her on my bed right now. She went potty as I was taking the picture so please excuse that. I also posted the one of her and the cat. He knows she's sick and he keeps trying to clean her and cuddle her. I only let him do that for the picture. She looks pretty awful, doesn't she?

I feel so sad. Where did my baby go?

Okay, this is purely for comic relief. Cooper doesn't really understand that Bam is sick, so we keep putting him in her playpen to keep him off of her. Look at that face. "Mom, let me out, I can help!!!!!!" He is hanging on by his arms.

·
Banned
5,224 Posts
Bless her, and you. She does look poorly Robin.

If she is in heart failure she will be feeeling very tired and weak at this moment. She shouldn't be in pain, so please keep this in mind.
I hope they can get her stabilised and into theatre as soon as possible.

I will be back later and as always will be thinking of you and Bambi.

Barbara x

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
She looks like she had a very rough day too. I'm just praying they can get her strong enough for surgery so she can get on the road to recovery. I can't get this attached and not have a happy ending :)

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Dear Gawd, iz me Chopper. R widdle online fwend iz bery sik and her needz help from u to stayz stwong. We neber knowz whut chur pwans r but we prayz dat it iz for Bambi to beez happy and healthy for a bery long time here wiff her mommy and daddy. It breaks eberbudys hearts to seez her so sik. Pweeze lets her feelz all da lub and prayers dat we iz all sendin to her. Gib her mommy and daddy sum giant hugs from all ob us too. Beez wiff da white coats when dem are helpin Bambi, guide dem with gentle hands. Not eberbudy iz in a pozition to gibs money to helps out widdle Bambi but tuch dere heartz and let them know dat lub and prayers goez a long way so dem iz doin jus as much helpin doin dat as da money iz. We lubs u widdle Bambie. Amen.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm so happy to hear that Bambi made it through the night, I do so hope she is strong enough for the surgery. My thoughts and prayers are with you and little sweet Bambi but I have faith that she will make it.

·
Registered
700 Posts
So i figured out which one metro hospital is, its literally in walking distance from my mom's, she lives in the neighborhood across the street. my friend also works there as a receptionist. I'm heading out now, let me know if theres anything I can bring you guys-breakfast,coffee?

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
OH my gosh, that picture of Bambi made me cry. Poor little thing. I love the one of her with the kitty and also Cooper!! What a face!! I am praying so hard for Bambi and hoping that she will pull through this. We are all here for you Robin!!

Lots of love and HOPE,

Brodysmom

1 - 20 of 175 Posts